Chapter 1: The Figure

Rose's POV

I was looking out my window into the dark. It was a stormy night here in Atlanta. It's typical for this time of year though. But as I said I'm sitting here looking out into the woods. On the TV downstairs, I vaguely hear what sounds like there's a mass murderer roaming around in my small town. "The total number of deaths in the past two days total up to 26!" There isn't that many people in this town, so it's kind of surprising, considering we stay out of each other's hair all the time.

"Each of these poor victims has a list of things in common. On the wall, in their blood, is written "GO TO SLEEP", they all have been gutted with their insides flung either around the room, or over their shoulders. But the last thing I believe we all were expecting to see, was that the victims all have permanent smiles carved in their faces. Some people are saying that the murderer's name is Jeff the Killer. He's rumored to be wearing a white hoodie, black dress pants, and black combat boots. If you think you see this figure please call the police immediately! That's all for now good night and lock your windows and doors."

As I hear all of this, I'm looking out the window and think to myself, 'This is no new criminal, he has to of had experience, or he has a partner.' After debating about it for a long while, I decide to take a shower before I go to bed.

When I get out of the shower I slip on some black lace panties and a matching bra. After that, I slip on my famous old Bruno Mars Tee. I look out the window one last time, and I see a white hooded figure.

I hear footsteps coming up the stairs and then my mom enters the room. "Rose, are you okay up here?" she asks. "Yeah mom, I'm fine just going to bed." "Alright good night sweetie lock your window tonight kay?" " Yes mom, good night." With those being my final words, I finally fall asleep with a lot on my mind.