Loved or Unloved?: Chapter 12 - Sly is Sophie's middle name

~*~*~*~*Zac’s POV~*~*~*~*

Who does Nick think he is? He’s telling me to come clean with Sophie and tell her the truth. I know it’s bad not telling her it was my family who killed her father, but it is up to me whether or not to tell her, isn’t it? He told me I don’t deserve her. I know I don’t but is he trying to say he does? Well he doesn’t either! I’m so annoyed right now at Nick right now, gah!

I pushed open the lunchroom and stalked towards Sophie and Jade. Ah Jade. That girl looks at me with hate in her eyes. I can’t help but think she knows about my family. But I doubt it, seeing as Sophie doesn’t know and I bet my life on it that Jade would tell Soph is she knew. The moment my eyes landed on Sophie’s beautiful smile, I felt myself cheer up and I sat beside her and snaked my arms around her waist.

“Hey babe,”

“Hey Zackie,” she grinned. I narrowed my eyes at her. I can’t believe she still remembers that!

“So what was that about? Nick and you?” Sophie asked quietly. I felt myself tense up at her question.

“Oh nothing,” I replied nonchalantly, hoping she would drop the subject.

“C’mon tell me!” Sophie pleaded with a puppy-face.

“That doesn’t work on me, Soph!” I lied.

She playfully hit my chest as she said: “Fine, but please tell me?”

“No,”

“Fine, be that way!” Sophie fired at me.

“Soph, please don’t be mad?” I’m worried she’s mad.

“Not mad,” she smiled at me.

Thank God. I leaned in towards her for a kiss before the annoying nerd, Jade cleared her throat and said: “Um, I’m still here,” she was getting on my nerves!

I glared at her as I said: “I wish you weren’t,” quietly.

Sophie overheard me and narrowed her eyes at me. “Can you guys get along for one minute?” she asked.

“NO!” we both shouted simultaneously.

Sophie laughed and all of us hurried to continue our meals before the bell rang.

~*~*~*~*Sophie’s POV~*~*~*~*~*

Zac came back to the table looking very tensed up and angry. I really want to know what happened but I asked him and he wouldn’t tell me what happened. Sighing, I resigned and decided to ask Nick later instead, hoping Nick would tell me. Seeing Nick rise from his table and exit the lunchroom, I quickly finished the remaining fries before saying: “I’m going to the staffroom, Mr. Grey asked me to see him,”

“Why?” Zac asked.

“I don’t know, I’m going to find out now, duh,” I replied

“Don’t leave me here with the idiot,” whined Jade.

“Sorry Jade, bye guys! See you after school Zac!” I waved and walked out of the lunchroom, and followed Nick’s retreating figure before running up to him and poking him.

“Nick?” I said timidly.

“What do you want, Sophie?” he asked wearily.

“Um.. I was wondering..” I trailed off.

“What?”

“What did you and Zac fight about?” I blurted out.

“How did you know we fought?” he asked.