Two

"Kells, Jenna! Hurry up!" We heard my dad shout from downstairs, followed by the sound of his car keys jiggling. Glancing at my nifty wall clock, I see that it's already ten minutes before six am but it's a short ride to our local church, though, I don't get why he has to rush us.

"Oh!" I grunted when I practically tripped over the cord of my laptop's charger, Jenna laughing at me as she shoved her feet in her shoes carelessly (not even minding to fix her socks - which always bugs me to no end). To say that Jenna and I are quite the perfect opposites would be a mere understatement. Jenna's a very pretty and nice girl but once you take even one, tiny step closer, you'll see that there's so much more to her beneath the weird obsession with over-sized flannels, her signature tattered acid-washed jeans, and worn-out black sneakers. People usually wouldn't predict that Jenna and I are friends, they would always assume that she'd be friends with someone who's troublesome or something along that type, but I guess we just prove that opposites do attract.

"Why'd you have to be so slow every morning?" She commented, standing up from my bed and folding her sleeves up to her elbows, pulling at them so that it would be of the same length as the other.

"I actually like taking my time every morning, fyi." I scoffed. "Also, I'm not feeling too well - the candies from last night made my tummy hurt so bad." I whined, shoving my feet to my white shoes lazily, tying my shoelaces neatly, unlike Jenna. Before I could even check my outfit out in the mirror, Jenna was dragging me out of my room, my little sling bag on her hand.

"Told ya you should slow down on those, don't tell me I never warned you." She said with a tsk and a teasing pinch on my cheek. Jenna and I have this, sibling-like friendship, she's like a sister that any child would want to have and at the same time, she's like this very protective friend that might frustrate her friends because she would never let anything and anyone lay a hurtful hand on me. My dad adores her, though, because he feels like Jenna could be there at times that he cannot tend to me. Anyways, I think my dad's great. He just becomes too much of a worry-wart sometimes.

"G'morning, took you two long enough." My dad chuckles as he kiss my forehead, whereas Jenna approached him with this casual fist bump thing. He looked at me and he already knows why I probably look this ew early in this pretty morning.

"Kellin had one too many candies to chew last night." Jenna joked, my dad laughing along with her as we settled in the car. I only scoffed, folding my arms in front of me like the actual child that I am, a pout present on my already paler face. I really do not feel too good and the fact that we stayed up too late is really starting to get through me. Is this what hangover feels like? I hate hangovers if this is how they feel like. I don't want them.

"Oh, so this is the hangover part?" My dad joked, not really earning any laughs from me. Sometimes, I don't know what they're talking about. As much as I want to understand these little terms or jokes, they usually wouldn't tell me why these things are funny. I can't believe I am being left out and my dad gets to laugh along with Jenna. He's so biased sometimes.

"I don't get it" I grumbled from beside my dad, eyebrows scrunched together, making Jen giggle.

"Aw my Kells. Did you drink water, though?" My dad asked, keeping his gaze in the road ahead of us. It's only been a few moments in to the car ride and I know that we'd arrive the church in a short while - that's how close we live in the church so I don't really get why my dad rushes me every church day; I don't even get why we have to take the car with us whenever we go to church when we can just walk our way there. He needs to stop being so lazy.

"Yep. Buuuuut it didn't work." I whined, still in a pout. My dad only shook his head, a smile still on his face which made me all the more grumpy. Though, he finally gave in and promised to take us in our favorite diner after church service.