Chapter 30

Jax POV:

Shit, I feel like complete shit. First I fight with Savvy and act like the biggest douchebag out there. Then, I fuck up a hit for the club which lands me here, in The Federal Plaza. After that, I manage to upset Savannah while she's visiting me and now today comes Clay to give me shit for it all. I can feel it, I know he's pissed about my sloppy job and Savvy must have told him what's going on with us two. Man how I wish it was her visiting me today instead of her dad and Rosen, but I know that my only shot of getting out of here rests in today's meeting. I sit waiting at the small table waiting multiple minutes with a guard standing watch behind me. The room then looks to have movement as Rosen and Clay walk confidently into the room. Clay nods his head towards the guard while locking eyes with Rosen, who then nods in understanding.

"Give us a few, we got things under control." Rosen says to the guard, who hesitantly leaves the room allowing us to be left alone.

"Whataya got Rosen?" I ask him sighing and leaning back.

"I'm afraid it's not good news. The witness hasn't been released yet but I heard whispers." He says and Clay still remains silent.

"What kind of whispers?" I ask leaning in towards the table.

"There securing a safe house, assigning guards to keep a constant watch and look out." He replies vaguely.

"What does that mean?" I ask even more worried than before that I'm never getting out of here.

"It means, that it's a viable witness whose testimony is gonna stick, shit head. Otherwise they wouldn't be going through all this shit to protect them. This witness is your death sentence." Clay finally says with a disapproving tone.

Now that tells me one thing, I really am never getting out of here. What am I gonna do? I can't leave Savvy out there for the rest of my life. I can't let her wait for something that's never coming. Best case scenario I get parole in over a decade. Savvy's young she has her whole life ahead of her and here I am stuck in prison holding her back from finding someone who can take care of her. I was sure I was that person, but here I am stuck in jail while she's out there by herself. Alone, in our house and without me there. I can't let her hold on to me, if I get convicted the first thing I'm gonna do is tell her to move on. She's way too good to be waiting around for my stupid ass for years at a time.

"Unfortunately Jax, it's not looking very promising. Best case you get life without parole, unless... there is one thing you could do but you won't like it." Rosen says in a inquisitive tone.

"What's that?" I ask.

"Confess, you'll still get twenty-five to life, but maybe you could be eligible for parole if you

have good behaviour after some number of years." Rosen says as if it's the best idea ever.

"How many years?" I ask sarcastically.

"On average parole after murder is about ten and a half, but since your guy was a state official I'd say twelve, max fifteen." He replies trying to downgrade how much time that really is.

I chuckle yet his serious demeanour does not falter. This knucklehead actually thinks I would consider this, make his job easy for once. Not a chance, no way I'm confessing just for a chance at parole after spending fifteen years of my life in prison.

"No way, no fucking way in hell. There has to be another way, I need out, be clear of this

shit."

"Unless, the witness just up and Houdini's away on you, there is no other way I can see. I'm sorry Jax but this might be your best option, your only option." He replies and Clay rolls his