Chapter 36

Savannah POV:

The soft sounds of pots and pans clanging around in the kitchen woke me from my deep sleep. I bring the my hands to my face and rub the sleep out of my eyes. I reach my hand over to the other side of the bed in search of Jax. I look over and sigh at the empty side of the bed. I bring myself to my feet and walk into the kitchen to see if the noise is coming from Fawn or Jax. My guess lies with Fawn, since Jax usually doesn't get to stay in bed past seven. When I reach the kitchen, my assumptions are proven correct. Fawn is standing above the stove, still in her pyjamas, cooking what smells like bacon and eggs.

"Mornin." I say and hop onto the counter across from her.

"Hey. To thank you for letting me stay, I made your favourite." She says holding up a raw piece of bacon, before laying it down flatly within the pan.

A strange feeling pulses it's way through my stomach at the image of the raw meat in front of me. I hold my hand to my stomach and become instantly repulsed by thought of eating bacon.

"I'll pass." I say, holding my hand up to signal my refusal.

Fawn looks at me confused while her eyebrows knit together. Bacon is normally my favourite breakfast food, but today my aversion to it is strong.

Fawn lifts up the pan from the stove as the bacon is sizzling and pops of oil are shooting out. She holds the pan directly in front of me narrows her green eyes.

"Are you sure? It's nice and crunchy, just how you like it." She says raising her voice in attempts to make the repulsing food look appealing.

I open my mouth to decline her offer once again, when a wave of nausea hits me.

I instantly hop down from the sink and place my hand over my mouth. My legs quickly carry me to the powder room in the hallway, where I enter and slam the door shut. I fall to my knees above the toilet and expel whatever substance my body obtained last in between multiple constricting gags.

When my stomach feels slightly more settled, I sit up and lean against the wall. Nine more months of this is really gonna suck but it will all be worth it, once Jax and I meet our baby boy or girl.

"Savvy? You okay in there?" Fawn questions through the door. Even though I can't see her, I know concern is written all over her face.

I rise to my feet and open the door to see her standing just behind it with her cellphone in her hand.

"I'm fine, just a little morning sickness. The first time of many I guess." I say and chuckle a little.

I walk back into the powder room and grab my tooth brush. While I turn on the water and begin to cleanse my teeth. Fawn comes in further and stands just a few feet away with the worried look still apparent on her features.

"I'm gonna call Jax, tell him that you're not feeling well." Fawn says and begins to press buttons on her phone.

"Don't!" I say muffled from a mouth full of toothpaste. "I'm fine don't bother him." I say clearly once I spit and rinse my mouth out.

Fawn looks at me hesitantly, surely having an internal debate on whether she she should comply to my request or follow through on calling Jax.

"Fine. Your sure you're okay?" She asks once again sighing in defeat.

"Promise. I'm gonna have to get used to this for a while." I say making my way out of the bathroom and into the kitchen.

I reach for the fresh pot of coffee and pour a steaming cup. I look back at Fawn after I've added sugar and milk and her face resembles a questioning nature.