The First Encounter

Hermione's POV

When I get bored, I occupy my time by flying. As I'm flying above the werewolves territory I start to hear a voice in my head that wasn't Eliza (my phoenix) that has to mean that I've found my inamorata. I can tell that it was male and also werewolf, but who is he? Then that voice starts to yell. Its saying "ROGUES EAST BORDER ALL WARRIORS THERE RIGHT NOW!!" When I hear that I can't help but to swoop down and follow them. 

When I reach where the fight is now taking place, I see this gorgeous pure white werewolf much bigger than those fighting around him. Right now he wasn't watching his back but he was taking on several at once. As I circle around unnoticed I see that a rogue is sneaking up on him so I screech (if you have seen the second harry potter movie then you can imagine what that sounds like) to get all of their attention on Eliza and I, as they all stop fighting I swoop down and claw out the rogue's eyes that was creeping up on the white one and shift back into my human form, only encircled by flames. Eliza is still on the surface. As my eyes are looking around I find all the rogues and, like a flame thrower, burn all of them while they are staring back and forth between me and their opponents. When they run away seeking water to put the fire out, the white one shifts back thinking that I can't hear him, but in all reality I can. Eliza quickly draws back to give us some privacy. He quickly dresses himself but throws me his shirt and I slide it on.

"Can we go to my office?" in my head I hear him freaking out about finding his mate. I  quietly laugh and follow him. As we trek to his office, I project my voice into his head, saying 'Yes I am your mate, but you are my inamorata, it is like your mate bond but ten times stronger. I will tell you more in your office.' As I'm doing this he stops and looks at me with the biggest eyes. "If you can do that, then does that mean that you've been hearing what I have been thinking?" 'Not here. I will tell you more in your office.' He starts walking faster at this. While we are walking, I start combing through his head to find things out. He is the Alpha of one of the largest packs in the U.S, and they are having a major rogue problem. I will try my best to help them out with that. 

We reach his office and I'm so stuck in my inner monologue that I didn't feel him staring. His little cough is what pulls me out of my reverie. "Oh. I'm sorry I was figuring things out and talking to Eliza. What were you saying?" He looks stunned. I think I might have put him in shock after that dramatic entrance. "No you're fine. What is your name, Red?"..........Wait, did he just call me red?! "Hermione, whoever created me was a nerdy moron." Wait... Why am I blushing? I don't normally blush!! Damn, he's already affecting me and he doesn't even know it...

"Before you start talking, you need to know a few things about me and soon to be us. I am a Phoenix and like you and your pack I shift but not into a large dog, but into a bird, as you have seen. I have healing powers along with the ability to control fire, the rest of my abilities are locked away until I find you, my inamorata, or mate in your case. A Phoenix is a born female. We grow old, catch on fire and are born out of the ashes, so in a sense we are immortal. When we find our inamorata, we transfer each other's abilities to each other so you will now be able to heal your pack, control fire, and you will still change into a wolf but you will have wings and will be encircled with fire as I was. I will look just like you only I will keep the color Eliza and I have. Now Eliza is my Phoenix's name. Now that you've heard all of this. I will leave so you can process all of this."

When I finish, I turn to leave, only he grabs my arm. Damn wolf speed, how could I forget about that?! "No don't leave! I wanna know more. Its a lot to process, but I'm a fast learner and I'm an Alpha I deal with a lot on a daily basis. Please just stay." I internally moan. I don't know how long I will be able to hold Eliza back. As I have already told you, inamorata bonds are a lot stronger and right now I'm not feeling those kiddy sparks or tingles, OH NO NO NO NO. I'm feeling full blown fireworks that are collecting and making Eliza crazy.

Whelp, that didn't last as long as I hoped it would have...