37

"You smell different."

Seokjin collapsed sleepily onto the bed, ignoring Taehyung's worried comments.

"You didn't meet another man out there without me did you?" A nose sniffed the glands in his neck. "You smell different, Seokjin."

Seokjin dozed off. "You smell like another vampire, Seokjin, I don't like it." Seokjin wasn't even fazed as Taehyung growled defensively, his eyes a smoldering shade of red as some sort of white-hot fury rose inside of Taehyung, almost imploding until Seokjin suddenly sat up and roughly grabbed Taehyung's flannel collar, a lazy expression on his face and a sudden surge of irritation and confidence sprouting inside of Seokjin.

"And what does that matter to you?" Seokjin drawled, shoving the vampire away, leaving him speechless. "Shut the fuck up and go to sleep." He yawned, wiggling his hips and snuggling into the lavender-scented pillows. "I'm tired."

Taehyung's eyes died down, and he tipped his head, staring at Seokjin with the expression of a kicked-over puppy, his eyes suddenly round with a bit of a distraught look in them. Surely Seokjin wouldn't be meeting another man? Taehyung had grown so dearly attached to Seokjin, trusting him and loving him with every fragment of his being, that it hurt a little to be pushed away like this.

"Seokjin?" His voice was hesitant as Seokjin flitted open his eyes. "Why are you acting like this?"

A long sigh escaped Seokjin's lips, and Taehyung surprised himself as he flinched. There was some sort of smell radiating off of his body that caused shivers of fear to run down his spine, reminding him too much of his abusive step-father, but he shook those thoughts away before he could delve into them. He shivered as he met Seokjin's gaze and tried to stare back, feeling cowardly as he was usually the most dominant in the relationship, when he looked down.

"I'm fucking tired, Tae, so can you do what I say and shut up and go to sleep?" Seokjin snapped irritably, and Taehyung wondered if something had happened at work.

Taehyung crawled into the sheets, unbuttoning his flannel and curling up next to Seokjin, hands snaking around his waist, knowing that Seokjin always admired the way Taehyung cuddled him like this, and even pressed a small kiss on the nape of his neck. Seokjin loved getting kissed along his neck, because he stated it made him feel safe, and Taehyung usually always did this to relieve Seokjin's stress.

But this time Seokjin abruptly stood, shoving Taehyung away and left the bedroom. Faintly, he heard Seokjin slam the door to the guest bedroom shut and heard him hop into bed there, and Taehyung's heart clenched.

Scurrying after him pathetically like a dog would to their owner, Taehyung peeked in and spotted Seokjin laying, his back to him, on the cold sheets.

"Seokjin—"

"Stop following me." He cut him off, and Taehyung scented that overpowering scent.

"Seokjin." Taehyung growled, irritation powering over hesitance. "Speak to me."

There was no response and Taehyung huffed, stomping into the room and leaping on top of Seokjin, pinning him down onto the bed. "Seokjin, you better answer me right now."

Seokjin curled his lip. "Stop, Tae, that hurts!"

"Answer me!" Taehyung bellowed. "What happened to you?"

Seokjin only let out a muffled squeak, clawing at Taehyung's hands, and Taehyung pulled away when he realized he was choking the man, only to snap his gaze towards a small, shiny object on the bed. Picking it up, he stared at it in disbelief as he realized it was some sort of potion. Popping open the vile, he took a whiff and gagged at the acrid stench, only to lean down and sniff Seokjin's neck, finding the same scent there.

"Did JJ give you this again?" Taehyung's voice was low, and Seokjin moaned as the feeling in his legs gave out due to Taehyung's weight, and Taehyung pressed his ass harder against his legs, growling. "I told you this before, Seokjin, you are my submissive."

"M-master, I c-can't feel my legs...!"

Taehyung could only shove Seokjin away disgustedly, but deep down he could feel the betrayal and sadness threatening to erupt, tears welling up in the vampire's eyes. How could Seokjin do this? He thought Seokjin loved him!

"Why are you doing this?" His eyes flashed with hurt, and Seokjin looked up, his eyes watering. He saw the splash of red enter his eyes like blood dripping into those two disks, and Seokjin fell back onto the bed, the effects of the potion making his head spin with exhaustion. "Do you not love me?"

But before Seokjin could respond, Taehyung had shouldered his way out of the penthouse, crying tears of suppressed anger and sadness, unable to think as he began to tear through the city, his emotions spiraling out of control. His vision clouded red and he panted heavily, finding himself at the edge of a skyscraper. He stood, heaving, before he let out a bloodcurdling roar.

"Fuck!"

His bellow rang around the city under him.

"Seokjin!" His tears splattered onto the concrete edge and he couldn't see; craving his lover's blood but unable to scent is so far away from home, he hunched backwards and moaned, grabbing fistfuls of his hair and tugging at his jaw, fingers clawing at his mouth and his throat. An itchy feeling spread through his body and he vomited onto the floor, panting, whining as he stood shakily and stared down at the busy city under him blankly.

A menacing smile crept up onto his face, hauntingly familiar to his past, and far away, Jimin stood from tickling Namjoon, pricking his ears.

Namjoon sat up, face red. "Ah, Jimin, what's wrong?" He cupped his belly that had begun to turn round, and stared worriedly at Jimin, his smile faltering as Jimin's excited expression turned grave, his eyebrows scrunching up together with worry.

Jimin's eyes sparked red and Namjoon stared, awaiting an answer.

"He's...he's awaken again." Jimin murmured. Namjoon's stomach dropped. With an irritated sigh, he slid off the bed and peeked out the window. "I can smell that cannibal's scent from here."

Namjoon fidgeted with the hem of his maturity dress. "What are we gonna do?"

"Don't stress about it, honey, our baby needs you to be stress free." Jimin opened the window and looked back. "I'll be back, sweetie. Don't open the windows or doors, just get some rest." He leaned in to kiss Namjoon, and kissed his tummy softly as well. "Be safe, my loves."

And Namjoon nodded, staring wide-eyed and afraid for both his husband and Seokjin, wondering what could've caused Taehyung to loose it again. He winced as Jimin hopped out of the window and Namjoon stood to close it, patting his belly.

"Don't worry, my baby," Namjoon cooed, rocking himself on the bed, "Daddy's gonna be just fine."