11

I was going to upload this yesterday but wattpad was down. I was so upset! So, the day before yesterday (Friday) i was really upset and stuff then I got home and checked wattpad and saw I had a comment. I looked at the last chapter and saw I infact had 5 comments and they were all lovely and it made me so much happier. Thank you so much for making my day. (: <3

“There are so many things I miss from the old world!” Lori said out of the blue sparking off a conversation. “Like chocolate.”

We’d been out here washing clothes for about an hour and were about three quarters of the way through, I was glad I came though. These people hadn’t forced me to tell them anything, we’d just had a decent conversation. We’d been mostly talking about our past experiences. I’d learnt that none of us were virgins, obviously. I was the only one, apparently, who’d ever done anything with a girl. I was drunk and it was only a kiss, but even so they were shocked I’d done even that.

I’m sure they were just lying to keep their respect from the others.

“Mm, yeah, didn’t Glenn say he found some chocolate in Atlanta?” Andrea responds.

“You’re right, he did, and maybe tonight’s as good a night as any to eat it.” Carol said smiling.

“I miss washing machines.” Donna added pointedly.

I’d come down to get involved with the group, to make some friends, but I was finding it hard to concentrate on what they were saying. I’d tried to get involved with the previous conversation, but now they were talking about what they miss, and I could easily come up with at least fifty things I miss from the old world, but that won’t ever bring them back.

“I miss decent coffee.” I said, trying to make an effort and everyone nodded in agreement.

“I miss sleep.” Andrea laughed.

“I miss the television.” Donna said as she pulled the top she was washing out of the water to check it for stains.

“I miss feeling safe.” I mumbled what we were all thinking.

I feel everyone’s eyes on me; I’d just ruined the light hearted conversation after all. I had a habit of doing that; I’ve never really been very good at making friends. Even if I did make friends I was never good at keeping them either.

“I believe we’ve finished here, let’s get these back to camp and hung up.” Lori says.

“Do you mind if I hang back? I just need a moment.” I say.

“Sure, if you’re any more than half an hour though, I’ll send someone back for you.” She replied. I smiled and sat back down. Once I could no longer hear her footsteps I rested my head in my hands.

I’d kissed Daryl. I don’t even know how I feel about him, and I’m still grieving for my husband and son, but I kissed him. He regretted it too, I saw it in his eyes, maybe it was just because he wasn’t used to being in such close proximity with other people, let alone kissing someone else. But what do I know; he might just not like me. Got caught up in the heat of the moment and changed his mind.

I sighed and ran my hands through my hair. Digging in my jacket pocket I pulled out my packet of cigarettes and put one in my mouth, lighting it I immediately drew in a breath. After tucking the packet and my lighter back into my pocket I stood up, and paced the small clearing.

“I thought you’d quit that disgraceful habit.” I heard a familiar voice from behind me say. I turned to see who it was and almost dropped the cigarette out of my mouth from shock.

“Dylan?” I query even though I knew it was him. It’s been so long since I’ve seen him. He was Jack’s best friend, my dad even shared some of his hunting skills with him, but after Jack’s death he moved away, not able to face the memories of the small town we were from.