One Of The Guys

"Hike!" I catch the ball and start running back, looking for Parker.

"Throw it to Kline!" Coach shouts into the ear piece in my helmet.

"Williams watch out!"

And then I get sacked from the left.

When I recover from taking the hit, I see coach is already cussing out BJ(we give him so much hell for that name) and Parker.

"Davis you have to be guarding Williams at all times! And Rynes, you have to get open or this play will never work!" Coach calls us all by our last names.

You see I'm quarterback, Parker is our main wide receiver, and BJ is our best linebacker/tackler. And if I get tackled, BJ is the one who has to deal with coaches wrath.

"Practice over, hit the showers!" He declares, saying a couple more things to Parker and BJ, then walking off.

"Williams, you okay?" I hear through my ear piece. I send coach a thumbs up and get off the ground.

"Williams, you okay? I'm so-"

"Cut the bullshit BJ, I'm fine. It's part of the position, I get tackled." I say.

"But-"

"No buts. But seriously, you need to go wash yours. You smell terrible!"

"Pizza night at your house tonight? Or Parker's?" He asks, walking towards the locker rooms.

"Mine. See you guys there." I say and then instead of following the guys, I walk into the girls locker room.

Yes, I'm a female quarterback. Got a problem? Didn't think so.

"Hi Addison, how was practice?!" Chirps BJ's annoying girlfriend Annie.

"Do y'all not watch the actual game?" I ask. All the cheerleaders give me confused looks. "Of course not." I mutter under my breath, going to my locker.

"We saw you fall, did you trip over your own feet?" Bree, the stupidest asks.

"It's called tackling."

"Whatever. Has BJ talked about our relationship lately?!" Annie squeaks. I roll my eyes, dying of laughter inside.

BJ talks about three things: food, sex, and football. Never relationships. The day me and BJ discuss relationships and feelings is the day pigs fly and he goes gay and becomes a vegetarian.

"Sure," I say, just to appease her, so they will leave me alone.

Thankfully, they do and I can take my shower. Getting dressed in my sweats and LSU hoody, I grab my bag and head to my jeep.

"Williams, hurry your ass up! You know my truck broke down." Parker says as I walk towards my blue jeep, him leaning on the hood.

"You try to hurry up with the cheerleading team annoying you." I sneer.

"Can I?!" I roll my eyes and punch his shoulder, and he winces. I pack a mean punch. "You know, I wish you would really just get laid. You'd be a lot more nice." He adds and I throw him a glare.

"What bet did y'all make this time?" I ask. He slumps his head back.

"How do you-"

"It's just a gift." I laugh.

"The guys betted me that I couldn't get you in bed with Noah by next week. If I won, then BJ would have to to stop eating meat for a week. If I lost, I can't sleep with Janice for two weeks."

"Seriously? You guys are total horndogs." I say, rolling my eyes and starting up the jeep.

"Well we are teenage guys," He argues, rolling his eyes back.

"You should be getting ready for the game. First game of the season. I heard recruiters from Arkansas are coming in," I say.

Parker hopes to attend Arkansas college to play, while I want to play for LSU. It's always been my dream, and it's also my father's dream. I'm gonna accomplish it for both of us.

"I know." He sighs. "Now who is all coming tonight? Do I need to call anybody?" He switches topics quickly.

"Me, you, BJ, Ty, Noah, and Wyatt." I answer. We are close friends, closer than the rest of the team. Ty is also a wide receiver, Noah second quarterback, and Wyatt the other linebacker/tackler.

"Well then, they all know they're coming? Or do I have to call and remind them?"

"BJ knows. I don't know about the other guys," I answer.

"I thought you girls had track of this and shit."

"I'm too busy making sure y'all's lazy asses do what y'all are suppose to do!"

"Whatever mom,"

"If I was your mama I'd already whipped ya ass for all the things you've been doin'!" Yes, I have the worst hick accent ever. Don't mention it, or I'll kick your ass.

"Uh huh." We pull up to the house and we get out, walking into the house and heading straight to the kitchen.

"Hey, why home so early?" Mom asks.

"BJ let her get tackled so coach cut the practice early." Parker tells her. I punch him again.

"Oh honey, are you okay?!" Mom asks, worried.

"I'm fine mom. All the gear isn't for looks."

"Fine my ass," Mikey cuts in.

"I'm completely fine. Not even a headache!" I snap.

My brother Michael, older by two years. He's 19, I'm 17. He has blonde hair, I have light brown hair. He has blue eyes, mine are blue-greenish. He's 6'2", I'm 5'9". And he hates that I am playing football.

"Come on Parker," I say and grab his arm and pull him up the stairs to my room, listening to him whine about leaving his food.

"The guys better get here quick, I want pizza." He grumbles.

"You sound like a five year old."

"You're treating me like one."

"The guys are gonna be here soon, so call the pizza place."

"Fine, loser." He says and sticks his tongue out at me before taking out his phone and hitting his speed dial for Papa Johns--best pizza place ever!

We fight and love like siblings, talk like sailors, and watch football like nobody's business. That describes our football team exactly.

We are all one big, shitty family. But we love each other(not that the guys would ever admit it).