Morning Routine and Mrs. Betty's

Addison's POV

"AddiBoo! Wake up!" I groan, taking a pillow and putting it over my face. There's a giggle and Jake removes the pillow.

"What?"

"The guys are still asleep. Can we play a prank? Pretty please with Drew Brees on top?"

"You sure know how to get to me. Come on. Whip cream and a feather? Sharpie?" I ask. He just nods and I laugh. Who said I can't have a little fun every once and awhile?

He gets the whip cream and somehow finds a feather while I grab a black Sharpie.

We tiptoe downstairs and I choose Parker as my first target. Drawing a simple mustache on his face. Then getting a little meaner, I draw a--you guessed it!--penis on Ty's hand.

Jake gets Wyatt and Noah, their faces covered in whip cream. Last but not least, is BJ. I just draw a bunch of hearts and lovey dovey shit on his hands that he hates.

We go back upstairs, and I change into my work out clothes. I then go back downstairs and knock on the basement door, shouting. "Rise and shine maggots! You've got ten laps around the house in five minutes. Better be ready!"

I just hear a bunch of groans, and then laughing and cursing as the survey each other.

"Williams!" I just laugh and go outside, waiting for them all to come out.

A couple minutes later five grumpy football players walk out to the backyard. All the drawings still on their skin, some whip cream in Noah's hair.

"You suck," BJ says.

"I feel bad for you guys, I really do. But this is the perk of being quarterbacks best friend." Parker smirks.

"Have you looked in the mirror lately?" I ask. He shakes his head and I pull out my phone, giving it to him on the front camera. He then frowns.

"Ugh."

"Now, ten laps around the house. Last one to finish has to do an extra lap. Ready, set, go!" I shout and they take off. Poor BJ, in last.

"Sorry BJ, but you gotta do it." He just glares, but does it. When he gets back, I bark out my next order. "Drop and give me twenty-five." They all groan.

"Remind me again why do we stay over when we know this will happen?" Wyatt asks.

"Shut up Johnson, just do the push-ups." I say. They finish and I just give more orders.

"Fifty jumping jacks."

"Fuck you Williams." Parker groans.

"Twenty-five sit-ups." I add. They finish and stand up.

"We done?" Parker asks. I nod.

"Time for Mrs. Betty's!" BJ shouts.

They all agree and we head out. Mrs. Betty's is the best diner in the whole town. Best pancakes ever!

"Normal booth?" The waitress asks as we walk in. We come here a lot, obviously.

"Uh, no actually. These two need a table to themselves," Parker says and the guys step back, leaving me and Noah in front of the waitress.

She smirks and I know this will get around faster then a stomach bug. Rumors spread fast in a small town.

"Follow me."

She sits us in a small booth in the corner and hands us the menus.

Then she seats the guys at the booth across from us. Ugh.

"Uh, so?"

"We are just having breakfast. Nothing weird about this. Me and BJ do this all the time the day before a game. It's fine." I say quickly. If my second-stringer thinks I like him, all hell would break lose. Teammates don't date each other. It's just unnatural.

"Okay then....." He mutters. Then the Mrs. Betty, the owner, comes by and hands us two coffees and a plate of chocolate chip pancakes, my favorite!

She's a really sweet lady in her late sixties and her husband died a couple years back, leaving her with the diner he named after her.

"Um, we didn't order yet." I tell her nicely.

"Don't think I have bad memory, I remember when you used to come in as youngins' with the team after games and practices, or before, I know what you always order. And it's on the house." She laughs that old lady laugh and goes back to the back. Weird.

"You'd think she'd forget, with her aging and all." Noah comments.

I nod in agreement and we begin eating. "So I was thinking, about play 57..." And then we go into conversation of plays and the practicing routines and all things football. Nothing like a date.

Leaving, the guys are laughing their asses off, can't believing that all we talked about was football.

"Either you shut up, or I'll add some extra laps." I snap. They all shut up. "Now, next week is our first game. So we need to be ready. Which means a lot of training. Especially you Parker." I say. They groan. "Don't groan."

"Whatever."

"Well, I've had enough of y'all's smelly asses, so see you Monday." I say. They all cheer and head home. Thank God.

I get home and play a little catch with Jake and Trent.

"There's somebody on the phone, they said they're from LSU." Mom says from the back door. I drop the ball and rush inside, taking the phone from my mother.

"Hello?" I ask.

"I'm looking for a Ms. Addison Williams." The voice says.

"This is she speaking." I say.

"Well hello Ms. Williams, this is Vincent Ryle, the recruiter for Louisiana State University,"

"What could I help you with Mr. Ryle?" I ask, trying to be cool.

"Well our coaches have seen some footage from your games last year. We were wondering if you may be interested in visiting the campus maybe and possibly meeting the team." He says.

I'm screaming on the inside. But on the outside, I'm calm and collected. "I may. What date were you planning on?"

"The 25th." That's in two weeks!

"I'll have to check my calendar." I say, playing that edge.

"Well I'd love I hear back from ya soon as possible. We'd love to see you here." He says. "Have a good day Ms. Williams."

"You too Mr. Ryle." I say and the line goes dead.

"OH MY GOD!" I shout, the biggest shit eating smile on my face.

"What is it?" Dad asks, coming out of the kitchen.

"That was a recruiter from LSU! They want me to come visit the campus on the 25th! Dad, we have to go!" I shout, so excited. He smiles and hugs me.

"I knew you could do it."

"I love you dad."

"I love you too pumpkin." And he kisses my forehead.

I promised I would do it for him, and I'm not giving up. I'm a step closer to accomplishing his dream. My dream.

Our dream.