Getting You Back

"What if it doesn't work? What if I just look like a complete idiot going out there and he doesn't even come back?"

"He will. Just go out there and do your thang girl!" He says in a mocking voice. I laugh and then get out of the car.

I whistle and then yell. "Yo Marshall!" He turns and I swear his jaw drops. I blush a little and try to tug at the skirt.

"What are you doing?" He asks.

"Just watch." I take a deep breath and then step back. Here goes nothing.

"I said PUMP PUMP PUMP it up(repeat)

I said P-U-M-P pump it up

I said TALK TALK TALK it up(repeat)

I said T-A-L-K talk it up

I said KEEP KEEP KEEP it up(repeat)

I say keep that Lion's spirit up(repeat)" That one was just a basic they wanted to teach me for an odd reason. I've caught everybody's attention though.

"We the lions got a mighty roar

But the players? We need one more

Since you left, everybody been talking smack

Come on Noah we need you back!"

"Addison-" He stops in the middle of his sentence, starting to laugh.

My face hurts from smiling. And I'm trying to ignore the laughs of the team behind him. Now he starts chuckling all the sudden. What the fuck?!

"Hey, don't start laughing! I squeezed my fat ass in a small skirt and a tight top with these weird ass sleeve things, and I spent an hour with the cheer squad for you to come back! Not for you to laugh in my face you inconsiderate ass-" He cuts me off. In a way I wish he hadn't. He stepped in close and grabbed my face and cut off my rambling with his lips on mine.

"Hey, no-no! No kissing!" I bat him off. He laughs again.

"Come on. You're gonna tease me like that? And by the way, your ass is completely fine." I slap him on the arm for that one.

"So are you gonna come back or not?"

"I wouldn't kiss the competition." He smirks. I roll my eyes, but then realize what he just said. He's coming back, yes! I hug him tight, surprising both of us. "On one condition though." He adds. Ugh.

"What?" I ask, crossing my arms over my chest.

"This can't be the last time you wear this uniform."

"But-"

"No buts. If coach sits you down at half-time, when there are no recruits there, you have to put this on and cheer for me."

"You asshole." I mutter.

"We got a deal?" He asks. I sigh, then shake his out-stretched hand. He smirks, I smack him again. "Uh so, bye guys." He waves to the guys. Almost all of them flip us off. I have one more cheer.

"Come on lions let's roar

Let's hear that mighty mighty roar

The Sharks got a lot of sass

They just scared cause we kick their ass!" And I smack my own ass just cause. I'm never doing this again.

Parker left, so I ride with Naoh. Mom and Mikey are so shocked when they see the cheer uniform. I don't explain, I don't think they'd understand. Mikey looks smug like I quit football or something.

I'm never gonna make him proud, and he's one of the few people I want to be proud. He's never seen me play and I don't think he ever will. The only way to get him there is to lie. So what I say next surprises all of us. "I quit football and am now a cheerleader. Can you please come to watch me cheer?"