Game Plan

It's Wednesday and we don't have before or after school practice on Wednesdays because of church and stuff.

Today I'm working on a plan to get Noah back on the team. I can't think of anything. So at lunch I ask the guys for advice. You know I'm in serious trouble when I ask the guys for help and advice.

"You should put in a cheer uniform and-"

"No." I immediately decline.

"No, he was onto something. You could borrow one of our spare uniforms and we could help you with a cheer and you can go over to their practice and talk to him. Cheering will grab his attention. If you put on a uniform just for him, he'll know you mean business, since you said you would never ever cheer because it's stupid and the skirts are too short." Reagan, honestly the nicest and my favorite of the cheerleaders. I can tolerate her. She doesn't act like an idiot like the others.

"Shouldn't we find the girl he likes and put her in a cheer uniform?" Annie rolls her eyes.

"He does like you! When you are running around coaching everybody, he was staring at you." She gushes. What? No. They're being ridiculous.

"She's got a point. I've caught him staring once or twice." BJ admits.

"Don't go soft on me now." I warn him.

"Will you do it though?" Annie asks. Ugh. Do I really have a choice? Reagan does have a point about me putting on a uniform. I swore to the guys that the day I put on a cheer uniform they needed to kill me.

"I-I guess."

"Great! Let's go," And they each grab a hand and drag me off. The guys are laughing.

The team practices on Wednesdays, but not as late. And I want to get him back as quick as possible so let's see if I can get it all done before 4:30.

They find a spare uniform that fits me and hand it over. Then last hour they teach me two cheers.

I get changed into the uniform and I just want to cover myself up when I walk back onto the field. All the guys jokingly wolf-whistle and catcall. I just flip them off.

Parker drives me over to their field. I don't know how Noah gets over there so fast, but after today his paperwork will be finalized and he'll officially be gone. Here goes nothing.