Gone

The next morning Noah wasn't at practice. I didn't see him until lunch, and he was ignoring the team, especially me. So that's how he wants to play?

Last hour coach was pissed about Noah quitting. He ran us hard. We ended up staying until about 6. After practice me and Parker are driving by our biggest rival school and what I see makes my jaw drop.

I make Parker pull into the parking lot and I just sit in the truck for a few minutes. That's when Parker noticed what I was staring at.

"What the hell is he doing? He still goes to our school, he can't do that!" I let out a frustrated groan.

"Well nobody's gonna notice but us. The coach seems fine. But wait until our coach finds out. He won't be too happy. At all." That's an understatement.

I jump out of the jeep and slam the door. Parker yells at me but I keep walking. He also gets out and follows me.

"Noah Marshall what the hell are you doing?!" I yell, my voice booming over the field. There team all stops and looks at me. A few whistles sound but I just roll my eyes.

"You told me to get off your field so I did." Noah replies.

"You don't go to this school. You can't just switch over!" I'm beyond livid. I walk across the field until I'm standing in front of him.

"I'm here to see how well I play with the team, because apparently one practice can prove that sort of thing. I'll work on transferring after it works out. Now get off our field." I want to punch him and drag him away. But I just let out another frustrated groan and storm off. Parker tries to say something but he doesn't listen.

We pull off and that night we watch football clips all night.

At practice I have to explain to everybody that Noah left and is now playing quarterback for our biggest rival, having started paperwork this morning. Nobody is happy. Stark doesn't seem to care though.

Walking to lunch suddenly Stark puts his arm around my waist and pulls me into him as we continue walking. I try to push him off but sadly he's just a bit stronger. "Get off me."

"I'm sorry to hear about Noah. But don't worry sweetheart. You can depend on me. I won't fail you like he did." I elbow him but he doesn't seem to be affected.

"My names not sweetheart and he didn't fail me. He didn't do anything wrong except join that other team." I end up defending Noah. He's a traitor, so why am I worried about him?

"Well he isn't coming back."

"And how do you know that?" I basically growl.

"Look at him." I turn my head and Noah is just glaring at us. He dumps his tray as hard as he can and storms off. Stark laughs and takes his arm back as soon as Noah is out of sight.

"You did that on purpose!" I accuse him.

"Can't risk losing my position." He smirks. He gives a wink and walks off. Oh I'm going to kill him!

Boy drama aside, it is Tuesday the 14th. Eleven days until I get to visit LSU. I'm excited and nervous. I'm pretty sure there is gonna be a recruiter at the first game but I'm not 100% sure. I'm just glad they asked me to go visit the campus and meet the team.

But what if they see me play and don't think I'm good enough? What if the guys don't want a girl on the team? Ugh, I'm stressing myself too much. Just need to focus on getting ready for the first game, for when I go up to visit LSU, and trying to get Noah back on the team. Oh, and try not to kill Stark.

This is gonna be hard.