It's Gameday

Well it's now Friday. Also our first game is today. Mikey actually bought the lie, the big idiot. I just told them I was staying after for cheer practice.

I wore my jersey to school like we always do and the school had an assembly for us, since football is a huge deal around here. What shocked me was right before it started, the cheer team stopped me and told me to throw on a skirt under my jersey. They wanted me as an alternate. What the actual hell? At first I declined. After fighting and Reagan talking to me some, I got rid of my jeans and put on my skirt. I never saw this happening, ever.

The team laughed when they saw it. "Are you turning on us now?" Parker asked with mock hurt. I rolled my eyes.

"I can still whip your ass."

The announce our senior cheerleaders, me included. And then I have to run back over to the boys in the locker room hallway thing.

"Your favorite quarterback, captain, and now a cheerleader, #81 senior Addison Williams!" They announce the rest of the team and it being our weird pep rally, we play games. Tug-a-war between the senior football players and the whole cheer squad. We still win, no shocker there.

Then a fun part. Cheerleaders get to hit football seniors in the face with a pie. I get to throw a pie, but I also have to get a pie to the face. I was going to pick Parker, but one of the freshman already takes the seat in front of him. But I have to sit down first. Reagan sits in front of me.

"On 3! 1..2..3!!" I close my eyes and she makes sure to smear it all over. It falls and everybody is laughing. I wipe my eyes and get up to find the person I get to smack. Noah! I grin mischievously. He groans.

I pick the pie up an smash it on his face, rubbing it all over making sure I didn't miss a centimeter on his face. It falls and I laugh pretty hard. He wipes away the pie cream from his eyes and flings it to the side. He smiles and suddenly I'm being pulled in and whip-cream covered lips are on mine. I push him away again and hit him in the chest.

"I said no kissing!"

"You taste sweet though," I hit him again.

"Ugh, what am I gonna do with you?"

"Keep me, love me, and call me George?" He jokes and I laugh. "Calling me Noah also works though." He adds.

"I'll stick with keeping you in the friend-zone, cause you definitely ain't in the end-zone." I say jokingly. But he actually looks hurt for a second. Either from the friend-zoning thing or the football dig I don't know.

We cleaned our faces off and the cheerleaders did a routine thing and then school ended and we got ready for the game.

When my family showed up, I could see how pissed Mikey was from my spot on the field and his spot in the bleachers. He got up and stormed off after he saw me practicing with the boys instead of cheering with the girls.

No shocker I'm put on field first. Noah actually does good. He backs me up, like he said he would. I get benched in the last quarter. We win the game 55-27.

"There was an LSU recruiter in the crowd Addi." Parker tells me as we walk off the field.

"I also noticed a Ole Miss guy. Wonder who he is after." I said.

"Ole Miss?! Really?!" Noah asks. I nod. He seems happy. He wants into Ole Miss? That's cool.

"So celebratory party at my house? There's gonna be pizza!" Parker offers. We all agree and I split off to get changed.