Meet The Marshall's

Noah is taking me to meet his family for dinner tonight. All I know is he has two siblings--pretty sure anyways--and I've already met his mom, I just haven't met his dad.

I dress casually, in a pair of jeans and a nice, soft, blue tee. Light makeup and my blue vans.

He picks me up at 5:30. His car still isn't fixed, but he pulls up in a silver Jeep. I don't bother asking who's it is. Maybe his dad's?

He opens my door for me, and then rushes back over to his side. The drive is only about ten minutes, and I sing to all the songs on the radio.

Pulling into the driveway, Noah sighs, then turns off the ignition. It's like some kind of alarm goes off. Two dogs come running from behind the house, charging the towards the jeep.

We both get out, and the dogs jump all over Noah. He gets them to settle down, and grabs my hand, leading me towards the front door.

He opens it, the two dogs burst in past us, and he leads me through a little walkway, to the kitchen. His mom, Cindy, is at the stove, cooking what looks like some type of soup. It smells really good.

She turns around and gives us a smile, before turning right back around. "Noah, your dad is gonna be home in a few minutes and then dinner will be ready. Why don't you show Addison around the house?"

I follow him around. He shows me the living room, dining room, the basement, the game room, his bedroom, and then his little sisters' bedroom.

His sister is five, the same age as Jake, and her name is Lilian. And then another sister who is thirteen, and her name is Ginny. Both have blonde hair, unlike Noah, and bright green eyes.

Lilian instantly likes me, and I love her right away. She attaches herself to my hip, while Ginny gives me a simple hi before focusing on her phone again.

We hear the door open and go back downstairs. I shake hands with Noah's dad, Trevor, and he gives me a smile. I see where the girls got there green eyes.

"Addison isn't? Lovely to meet you."

"It is sir, and it's nice to meet you too." I say politely. I hear Noah chuckle behind me.

"Let's eat shall we?" Me and Noah nod. "Lilian, Ginny, dinner is ready!"

The two girls come downstairs, Lilian instantly sitting beside me and Ginny still on her phone.

"Ginny, please put the phone away while we are eating." She groans, but clicks it off and puts it in her pocket.

I help his mom set out the soup and we all dig in. "So Addison, you're the quarterback right? I believe I've seen you play before," His dad asks. I nod. Looks like it's my turn to get interrogated. Oh joy(eye-roll)!

"And you're interested in Louisiana State University, correct?" I nod. "We tried to get Noah to apply there as well as Alabama and even Clemson, but he is set on Ole Miss." I smile at this.

"Ole Miss is a great school. It was a beautiful campus and the football is amazing there. But I love my Tigers too much to even consider anywhere else."

"I wanna be a Baylor cheerleader!" Lilian shouts. I giggle at this.

"Cheerleaders are just busty, blonde airheads." Ginny comments.

"Ginny!" Noah and his parents hiss.

"Addison happens to be a cheerleader and is also one of the smartest kids in our class." Noah says, making me blush heavily.

"Sorry, but more than 80% are."

"That's stereotyping."

"Whatever." She rolls her eyes.

"She got rejected by the cheerleading squad this year and still isn't very happy, I'm sorry." His mom says but I just wave it off. Cheerleading is a side thing. It doesn't bother me too much.

"So Ginny you're in the 8th grade right?" She nods. "My brother Trent is too. Do you know him?" I add. I'm curious.

"We talk sometimes." She shrugs.

"How many siblings do you have?" His mom asks.

"Three. Trent, my older brother Mikey who is nineteen, and my younger brother Jake who is five."

"Four kids, just like us!" Lilian exclaims. What? There's another Marshall?

Noah sees my confusion or something, because he mouths "I'll tell you later".

The rest of the dinner goes good. I help clean up and the his parents go upstairs, telling Noah that if we go out somewhere or something to be back by 10.

Lilian and Ginny have gone back upstairs and me and Noah are in the living room.

"So you have another sibling?" I ask. He nods, gets up off the couch and grabs a picture off of the mantle and brings it over to me, slipping an arm around me when he sits down.

It's a picture of him, most likely taken last year, and next to a guy who looks just like him, almost anyways. He's wearing a desert army uniform, the name Marshall sewed in black on the uniform. The same chocolate brown hair as Noah and almost the same eyes. Both brown, but his brother has flicks of green in his.

"That's my older brother Blake. He's twenty-one and currently stationed in Iraq right now. I haven't seen him in eight months. He's supposed to fly in for graduation, hopefully."

Why didn't I know he had an older brother in the army? "Mom and dad don't talk about him much. They expected him to be a doctor. Of course they are proud that he's serving our country and stuff, but they are still pretty disappointed that he didn't go to college." He sighs. "It's pretty stupid. I'd boast to everybody if my kid was kicking ass for our country." He adds jokingly. I laugh, and lay the photo down.

"It's cool that your brother is doing that. My brothers just a dumb football player, a sexist one at that." I say, rolling my eyes.

"I miss him a lot. And you're brother is an idiot for not watching you play." We sit in silence for a little.

"How about we get you home? I do not need you're dad killing me for getting you home late," I laugh. On the ride home, I roll the window down and I enjoy the calm night breeze.

"So this is your brothers jeep I'm guessing?" He nods.

When I pull the visor down and flip the mirror open, a picture falls out. It's Noah and Blake, it must be from Blake's graduation because he's holding a diploma and he's in a cap and gown. And pre-teen Noah is wearing a tie and smiling with his braces!

"Noah, you were so cute back then. What happened?" I joke.

"Hardy har-har, put that back," He shakes his head, but I can see him biting his lip, trying to stop from smiling.

He walks me to my door and kisses me goodnight, being very cheesy. Everybody is asleep and I quietly walk upstairs to my room. I smile when I see Jake, yet again, asleep in my bed.

After taking my contacts out and getting into my pajamas, I slip in beside him and drift off to sleep.

Tonight went pretty well, better than expected, that's for sure.