Little Things

I want to lay on your chest and listen to your heartbeat.

I just want to know that you love me. I want to be able to see it in your eyes, in your little half smile, and hear it in your voice and in your laugh. I want your voice to be the sound that wakes me up. I want to hold your hand and wander the streets with you. I want to fall asleep under the stars with you. And when I wake up the next morning, I want you to be next to me so I can look into your eyes and see the stars still alive there. I want you to be there for me to remind me of beauty on the ugliest of days. I want you to help me see the world before it gets too dark. I want to feel the sunlight on my skin with you by my side.

I want you to be my favorite thought, your name to be my favorite word and your heartbeat to be my favorite sound. I want to laugh about meaningless things with you. I want you to sing to me so that I don't have to cry myself to sleep every night. I want to pointlessly bicker with you about things that don't matter. I want to find it impossible to stay mad at you, to not be able to stand not talking to you. I want to be able to appreciate your stubbornness, your quirks, your dorkiness, all of it.

I want to know you like the back of my hand yet still learn something about you everyday. I want you to buy me sour candy and make fun of how easy it is to excite me. I want to see the best of you and the worst of you, and love both equally. I want to need your delightfully chaotic presence when I feel alone. I want to see all of your magic, and remind you of it if you ever forget. I want to feel fascinated, intoxicated by you, and have butterflies dance inside me when I see you.

I want to feel a rush of warmth when you remember my favorite color, or give me your jacket, or dance uncoordinatedly with me. I want you to hold my hand when I'm scared, I want you to let me steal your fries when I think you're not looking.

I want to drink ice-cold lemonade with you at midnight and sing all our favorite songs while dancing around in candlelight. I want to laugh at all your jokes, even the really lame ones. I want you to laugh at my cheesiness, but secretly enjoy it. I want you to love that I care so much, perhaps too much, and that I get attached too quickly. I want to have adventures with you. You may not be my first love, but I want to have you be my last.

 I want you to accept me, with all my weirdness, my intense passion about the strangest things and my random facts.

I want to feel whole with you. I want you to kiss my scars and caress my flaws. I want you to love me when I feel like I can't love myself. I want you to make me question why I was afraid to fall in love in the first place. I want to love you with all the madness in my soul. I want to love you for the million things you don't even know you're doing.

                       I want to love you and be loved by you.

                              Too bad you're not real.