Prologue

The Isle of Lost. The Isle of Leftovers. Whatever you call it, to the villains and their children, it was home. But over the years, 20 years after their imprisonment, Prince Ben made a proclamation. VKs (Villain Kids) would now come to live in Auradon, home to the so called heroes. Mal, Evie, Carlos and Jay were first to leave. Then Dizzy Tremaine. Next, Uma and her pirate crew left and finally, Helene and Haven Hades left. However, they were not the only ones to leave. A few guards came into the Isle, passing by glaring VKs and went up to Sylvia Scar. Daughter of Scar. Princess of the Pridelands, currently in her human wearing black jeans, black boots, a black top and a red jacket. The guard smiled handing her a piece of parchment, an invitation to Auradon. She narrowed her eyes at him as he left, he seemed odd to her, after all the guards did not flinch seeing her scar or her gaze, like everyone else. Nevertheless, she took the parchment and opened it. She looked at it indifferently and was, oh so tempted to throw it away, but decided to show her father first instead. Sylvia walked off to Scar's Elephant Graveyard, taking note of the Isle on last time before she left in a week. Merchants selling, children stealing, crumbling houses, and propaganda promoting the United States of Auradon covered in graffiti. Finally getting home, Sylvia blinked to see her father, Scar, and Zakia and Nali, her two friends and servants assigned by her father, both being the daughters of Scar's henchmen, Shenzi and Banzai respectively.
"My dearest cub-" Sylvia sighed dramatically interrupting her father's over used nickname.
"What is it now dad? You only use that name when you want something." Sylvia explained, crossing her arms with eye brows raised. Her father stepped closer, wrapping his tail around her legs.
"Maleficent wanted her daughter and her friends to get the Magic Wand, the key to getting us off this island and... it FAILED."
"Yes, yes! You've said that before, what is your-"
"I want you to get it, my dearest cub." Scar interrupted his daughter rant and she looked down at him with a smirk before frowning.
"Not a chance." Sylvia replied starting to walk off to her room with Zakia and Nali following before her father stopped her.
"I know you don't care if we get off this Isle, after all, you'll be following in my footsteps. But this benefits you too." Sylvia turned to her father and eyed him suspiciously.
"...how?"
"If you complete this task. I'll release your half-sister, Skye, from the Den of Shame." Sylvia froze at the offer while Scar smirked, knowing all to well how much Sylvia cared for Skye, born from a different mother, but still close none the less close as ever. If Sylvia did this, her sister could get out of the Den of Shame. As punishment, Scar put his children there to show how disgraced he was of them. It was an old den that was no longer used and was currently reserved to Skye since she kept rebelling at every possible turn. Sylvia sighed looking down at her boots and shuffled the dust at her feet.
"Fine. I'll do it." Sylvia said, looking her father straight in the eye. He smirked.
"Good. Now, go with Zakia and Nali and pack." Scar commended and Sylvia walked off.
🦁🦁🦁🦁🦁🦁🦁🦁🦁🦁🦁🦁🦁🦁🦁🦁
"So... princess, do you have a plan for getting that wand." Zakia asked curiously and with a cold air about her. She wasn't one for conversation, just threats and cunning plans.
"Don't know yet, Zakia just got the offer." Sylvia replied continuing to pack, as her beloved bengal cat, Everett purred at her feet, rubbing up against her legs.
"Who cares about that?! What mischief are you going to have?!" Nali, the more impatient and fun loving part of the duo asked, as Zakia rolled her eyes at her girlfriend's interest in mischief at Auradon instead of the actual mission.
"Don't know. I'm sure I'll think of something." Sylvia replied with a smirk. However, she wasn't interested in that, or the Magic Wand, she was more interested in what Auradon was like, a part of her secretly wanted to go. She finished packing and turned to her two servants who were currently on her bed, Zakia's arm over Nali's shoulder.
"I'm going to talk to my sister, make yourselves useful." Sylvia ordered coldly, as Nali nodded enthusiastically with a Cheshire Cat like grin and Zakia simply dipped her head to Sylvia.
"Of course... princess." She said in her normal mocking tone. Zakia didn't like working for Sylvia as her servant, but she had no choice but obey.
🦁🦁🦁🦁🦁🦁🦁🦁🦁🦁🦁🦁🦁🦁🦁🦁
Sylvia walked over to the Den of Shame, finding her sister in her lioness form with a smile on her face, seeing her half-sister come up to her.
"Hey."
"Hey. Mind if I lay next to you?" Sylvia asked casually and calmly with a hint of warmth as she already began sprawling herself across the den's floor.
"So what's up?" Skye inquired, swatting a fly around with her paws.
"I got accepted into Auradon, and you'll be able to get out of here." Skye blinked, resting her paws on her chest.
"Really? At what price?" Sylvia hesitated to speak, despite being a daughter of Scar, Skye was never interested in evil plans of villainy.
"I have to get the magic wand." Skye's turned her head to face her half-sister.
"Are you sure you want to do that?"
"I... if it helps dad and everyone getting off this Isle then I guess it's the right decision." Sylvia said with a determined, almost forced voice and Skye sighed in annoyance, her sister's words weren't her true words. She was lying to her. Even Sylvia didn't think the words were true, or actually her words. They didn't feel right. But Sylvia shrugged it off, getting up from the cave floor, giving a small wave to her sister before going back to her room to sleep, as nightfall had begun. In a week, Sylvia would be gone, and leave everything behind. She just had to somehow get the wand.

Hi everyone! I hope you enjoyed the prologue. I'm trying to decide if I should do the book in first person because that was the original style I had in mind, and I just went with third person for this prologue and I think it went well. But I think I want the actual book to stay in first person. I don't know. What do you guys think?
Til the first chapter,
BatgirlGeek❤️

 What do you guys think?Til the first chapter,BatgirlGeek❤️