Chapter Twelve: The Misfit of London

Scroll over to see what Angel looks like ^^
The last chapter reached up to 3,000 words... I DID NOT expect that. I usually get up to a thousand, so that was a shock XD
Oh, and Princess of the Pridelands will now update on Fridays, along with Lost Girl.
Onto the story!
FUTURE AUTHOR HERE: Princess of the Pridelands will now update on Thursdays- two chapters a day.
Psst! Schedule didn't work out so it's now whenever I have the time/want to!!

One week later...

"Ok... so we're here, now what?" Sage asked as we got off Auradon's train. We (Sage, Helene and I) arrived in London, searching for some sort of artifact as a favor for Elliot.
"I don't know. I guess we just-"
"Hey! Stop thief!" A voice shouted interrupting my sentence. We looked up at roof top to see a girl with a auburn hair and a... familiar face.
"Does she look familiar to you guys?" I ask as Helene squints at the girl.
"Yeah... a little."
"I swear I've seen that face in my textbook." I muttered and before we know it Sage runs after her.
"Sage!!" We shout as she goes through a back alley. After a lot of running, we find her rapidly talking to the girl who looks confused.
"Are you Wendy Darling?" Sage asks politely as we hear shouting above. The girl looks up and sees us and blinks. She grumbles something and takes my hand.
"Follow me!" She commands and roughly pulls me away from the yelling- Sage and Helene catching up behind me. She takes us in the house. A lot of kids are in there. I don't recognize it, but Sage seems to.
"It's the Bloomsbury house- but now it seems to an orphanage!" Safe whispers excitedly to Helene who just nods silently. The girl ignores them and takes us to what Sage says use to be the nursery. It's filed with oil paintings, black and white sketches and a gigantic book who's title I can't read just yet.
"Ok- first of all, Wendy Darling is my great-great-great grandmother. Second, this house use to belong to my mother, Margaret, who died in a car accident along with my father- please don't give me your sympathy- I don't need it. I had a grandmother named Jane. Third, my name is Angel and how do you know the history of this place??" The girl, Angel, asked, raising an eyebrow at Sage. Sage simply smiles politely (bless her!) and begins to speak.
"Well, were from Auradon. We learn all the histories of all the kingdoms in the United States of Auradon. London just happens to be in one of them! It's nice to meet you, Angel! I'm Sage, the girl on my left is Helene and the one on my right is Sylvia," she leans in and whispers, "they're both VKs." With a wink. Angel looks a little less confused, but still doesn't seem to comprehend it. She slumps a little in her sitting position (her legs on their side, leaning her body on them).
"So... you're all from Auradon Prep... what does this have to do with me?"
"We were hoping you would help us. We are looking for a artifact." Angel frowned as Helene explained.
"I can't help you," Angel states, picking up the book I mentioned earlier. "All the knowledge I know is from this book- a book written by my great-great-great grandmother Wendy. The information you might be looking for is... here." Angel opens the book towards us and flips to a page talking about Peter's shadow- with a nice little illustration to help us identify it.
"Looks mysterious..." Sage says.
"Alluring even..." Helene mutters as their heads are titled to the side, almost in a trance. I look over at Angel and she seems to understand-slamming the book shut.
"You can stay here for the night if you want. All the kids think I'm weird and avoid my room like the plague. Kinda ironic that this is my room." Angel mutters, taking in a breath through her nose as though bringing back memories-memories she probably couldn't recall in this room.
"That's very generous of you!" Sage beams, interrupting the silence, making Angel smile.

===

We spent the day there, seeing her paintings and sketches. Angel explained that she spent all her nights reading that book (explains the dark circles under her eyes). The evening, we waited and waited... until we fell asleep. Suddenly- in the middle of the night- we were awoken by a scream.
"AHHH!!" It was Angel, she was hiding under her sheets and squeezing her eyes shut. Like a lion slinking around for prey in a savannah, I got up slowly. My eyes widened as Sage and Helene stared at the dark, smoky creature: Peter Pan's Shadow.