Chapter Twenty-Two: Dysfunctional Enchanters

New characters up above ^^
(The Recolor photo was made by me by the way...) Also, before you ask-yes Ugly Duckling is a Disney thing (well, not really, but you know what I mean!) they made a film about the Ugly Duckling in the 1930s :)
By the way, I made a rant book called 'BG's Rant Book' so check that out if you're into that :3

THE NEXT DAY...

We got back to Auradon without anyone seeing. But I still was worried. What did Sapphire and the others have planned? Suddenly, an idea popped in my head as I walked beside Helene and Haven to go the cafeteria.
"So, anyway, me and Chaka are now date- hey Sylvia, where are you going?!" Helene demands, interrupting herself as I run down the hall.
"I'll be back-NO TIME TO TALK!" I shout back at them before either can protest. Haven's shoulders immediately slump and Helene groans.

TIME SKIP...

I ran all the way to the library. As I enter, looking around everywhere, I see Claudine to my left.
"Uh... hi Sylvia?" I turn to the corrupt priest's daughter and grab her by the shoulders.
"Where is Anderson??"
"Anderson? The Enchantress's son?" I roll my eyes.
"Yes, that Anderson! How many Anderson Enchantings do you know?!"
"Uh... well, he's in the courtyard-"
"Thank you!" I shout, before running off.

Narrator's POV

Helene and Haven got to the library right after Sylvia left.
"If you're looking for Sylvia, she just went to the courtyard to find Anderson."
"Ugh... are you- whatever! Thanks for telling us Claudine." Helene says.
"No problem!" Claudine replies, looking down at the book she picked up, as Helene and Haven ran over to the courtyard.

MEANWHILE IN THE COURTYARD...

ѕℓуνια'ѕ POV

"Where is Anderson?!" I demand as I run up to Brandon, Theodora, Brian, Logan, Elliot, Pike and Jesse.
"You just missed him Sylvia." Brandon exclaims, pointing behind him.
"Well where is he??" I demand again.
"Uhh... he went to see April in the dance studio." Theodora says hesitantly and I immediately run off before anyone can ask questions.

Narrator's POV

"We missed her didn't we?"
"Yep." They all reply. Helene grits her teeth and Haven sighs, leaning on her sister's shoulder.
"Is she going insane?" Brian whispers.
"Looks like it." Logan murmurs as he look behind him where Sylvia ran off.
"No, she just suddenly... ran off-ok! Maybe she is going a little insane. Where is she now?"
"She went to the dance studio."
"Auradon has a dance studio??" Helene and Haven question in unison.
"Yeah... you've been here for nearly four years and you didn't know?"
"Yeah, well... we've been pretty distracted with our old friends trying to harm us and everyone we love!" Haven exclaims. Theodosia plays with her hands nervously.
"Um... Anderson is going to ask April Duckling out." Haven and Helene pause and then Helene chuckles bitterly.
"Of course she would ask him something during a very important moment! Why were you all here?" Helene asks.
"We were just talking. You know, giving encouragement." Pike explains.
"Aw! You're all getting along!" Haven beams and Logan clicks his tongue-making Theodosia secretly roll his eyes at her.
"We'll be back!" Helene announces as she and Haven leave.
"Wait! Don't you want to know where it is?!"
"No need! Sylvia's shouting will be enough!"

AT THE DANCE STUDIO...

Anderson, in faded blue jeans, ombré blond hair, a white tee shirt and a black jacket, was talking to April, who has Per usual was wearing a black leotard, tutu and black lipstick.
"So um... you want to go out?"
"Sure! I'd love to. What time?"
"Um... how does tom roe sound at... lunch time? A picnic maybe?"
"Sure-" Suddenly, April was interrupted by a shout of Anderson's name.
"I finally found you!" Sylvia exclaims. The Enchantress's son and the Ugly Duckling's daughter both exchanged confused glances.
"Uh... Yeah. What is it, Sylvia?" Anderson inquires.
"Where is your sister, Aerwyna?!" He blinks and then chuckles.
"You ran all the way here... to ask me that?"
"Yes."
"Uhhh... I don't know, she's probably in the library-you know her, she doesn't talk to me." Anderson says, making April give him a wounded look. Anderson and Aerwyna were very close as kids, but as they got older, Aerwyna focused more on books and school and they became estranged.
"Thank! Oh-and if Helene and Haven come to find them, tell them where I am!"
"Will do." April replies and the two go back to their conversation. As though on cue, Helene and Haven arrive.
"Where is Syl-"
"Library." Both reply in unison. Helene lets out a muffled scream and stalks back to the library.

AT THE LIBARY...

ѕℓуνια'ѕ POV

I find Aerwyna in the back with Chaka and Droplet. Droplet and Chaka are arguing over... something.
"I'm telling you, that's what the professor said!"
"No he did not!" Chaka argues and I clear my throat.
"Sorry to interrupt, I just need to talk with Aerwyna for a quick second."
"What is it?" She demands in an annoyed, deadened voice without looking up from her book.
"Do you have that book on magical artifacts still?" I ask as Helene and Haven peek over my shoulders. Aerwyna hands me the book and I gave her a quick thanks. As I flip through the book, Droplet makes conversation.
"You too look... like death." Droplet says, and I glance back at Helene and Haven. She's kind of right... sorry guys!

"Ugh, Yeah. We had to run after this one!" Helene spats, flicking my shoulder with two fingers.
"From where?"
"Well, first the libary, then the court yard, then the dance studio-"
"Auradon has a dance studio?!" Droplet questions and Helene nods, before continuing.
"THEN, back here. All for.. whatever this book is."
"Would you like to have a seat?" Droplet offers, making Chaka get up, his chair scraping as he does. Helene looks conflicted and then nods.
"Sure. I would object, but... I'm tired." She says with a shrug as she walks past me to get into the chair. Out of the corner of my eye, I can see Chaka give Helene's forehead a kiss. She doesn't seem to have a reaction, how far we've come!
"I found it!" I say, showing the others my findings. Helene and Haven's eyes shoot up.
"Hades' ember?!" They exclaim before they get shushed by the rest of the library.
"Yes. I think we can defeat Sapphire and the others with it." Helene looks towards the hall to think before turning to Haven.
"Dad will kill us." Haven shrugs.
"Maybe. But it's worth a try, right? Sapphire and her gang could do a lot of damage to Auradon." Helene lets out a sigh as she looks up at the ceiling and nods.
"Ok... when do we leave?"

Author's Notes

Just wanted to let you all know that we are very close to the finale of this book!

However, I'm gonna put it on hold for now (as well as Lost Girl), as My Little Monster is not close to being finished. Zaddison2 is writing chapters 5-9 (please don't beg her or me for updates-we've got school and other life stuff to worry about! Please be patient!)

I'm updating the epilogues of Princess of the Pridelands, Lost Girl and My Little Monster simultaneously, so I'm leaving two chapters and the epilogue to be finished until all three are ready.

So yeah, I'll see you guys... at some point!

Bye!
BatgirlGeek❤️
P.S. I am so sorry for the delays! School's coming up in a week. I also made a new account called Asexuals-Unite please go follow it if you are interested in learning about asexuality or just want a safe space💜💜
I also became an admin for demi_community run by my friend echo1110 go check that out too💜

 I also made a new account called Asexuals-Unite please go follow it if you are interested in learning about asexuality or just want a safe space💜💜I also became an admin for demi_community run by my friend echo1110 go check that out too💜