Chapter Nineteen: Cotillion

ONE YEAR LATER...

This was it... Cotillon. We were finally here! It was Friday, during the day everyone was ecstatic and in the evening everything seemed to be going smoothly... that is until one unfortunate mishap ruined everything. We were all dancing, laughing and having a fun time. Grace went to get some more punch. I glanced over at Sean checking his pockets nervously.
"I forgot something in my dorm. Hey, Brian, can you come with me?"
"Why can't you just go up yourself?" Brian asked his friend as he had an arm over Angel's shoulder.
"Because, you'll be able to find it easier-- and you're way more organized!" Brian rolled his eyes and groaned.
"Alright. I'll come with you." He replied. He then turned back to us.
"Save me a dance!" He shouted with both hands over the rim of  his mouth, smiling.
"I will!" Angel shouted back with a smile. Nama danced her way over to me with eyes closed, clearly enjoying the beat.
"I love this song-" Nama was interrupted by very familiar screaming. We all turned to the sound of a scream. It was Grace, drained in red punch, and Audrey, laughing at her with an empty glass.
"Oops! I'm so sorry!!" Audrey explained smirking at party goers behind her.
"What did I ever do you, Audrey?! I DID NOTHING!!" Grace shouted and ran away crying.
"Grace!!!" We shouted in a desperate plea, but she was already gone. I searched for the guys. Rex shook his head while Logan looked angry. Out of the corner of my eye, Mal and Ben were at the top of the stairs with shocked faces, along with everyone else. I gave the girls a look and they all nodded putting down their drinks and trying our best to run in heels trying to find our friend.
"Excuse me! Excuse us!" We explained pushing our way past everyone.

Meanwhile...

Grace's POV
I speedily walked to my room and slammed the door. I looked at myself in the mirror. Tears started to roll down my face. What did I do to Audrey?! Nothing! I was fool thinking I would be able to go to Cotillon without collisions! I began to cry again. I sobbed and sobbed on the edge of my the foot stool in my room. Light taps were heard on my door.
"Grace? Are you ok?" It was Sean and Brian, of course. I looked up at them, my door was open about halfway. I looked at them as their eyes grew with genuine concern.
"I'm fine." I reply turning my head away from them and looking out the window. It was an obvious lie, but I honestly didn't care.
"What happened?" Brian asked me.
"It was... look can you two just go? Please??" I begged refusing myself to tell them about Audrey. Sean and Brian glanced at each other and frowned as pain grew even more in their big brown eyes. However, they accepted my wishes and left me alone, like they always did. Sean did tell me that they would return, but I don't see that happening.

Narrator's POV

A few hours later, Droplet knocked on Grace's door, the rest of their friends in tow.
"What do you want?" Grace asks from the other side of the door.
"We just wanted to check on you. Mind if we come in?" Grace doesn't answer, but Droplet opens the door anyway-this was a dire situation, Grace would forgive her eventually. When the light of the dorm shines in her room, Grace lays her head onto her crossed arms and looks over at her friends. She's lying next to the ottoman on her knees.
"Hiii!" Droplet whispers as they all come in.
"Mmm... go away!" Grave murmurs as she hides her tear stained face.
"I'm afraid we can't do that!" That's Helene's voice.
"We're your friends, and friends don't abandon friends in their hour of need." Nama's voice rings out, as she sits near Grace's arms dainty, making the [thing] dips (she had sat down really carefully to not crumble her dress).
"Leave me alone!" Grace replies in muffled protest as Sean, Brian and Logan sneak up behind her. Brian and Sean were on her sides and Logan was behind her.
"Want us to humiliate her?" Brian asks, making Grace pop her head up and laugh. She kissed Logan's cheek and hugged Brian and Sean.
"No, there will be no need for that! Everything's going to be fine!" Grace says with a smile on her face, standing up.
"Remind me to never debate with her in our History of Auradon class ever again." Pike whispers to his girlfriend Opal, out of fear of what Brian, Sean or Logan (or all THREE would do to him if he hurt Grace's feelings). Opal nods as a silent vow.

OUTSIDE GRACE'S DORM...

ѕℓуνια'ѕ POV

As we all walk away, Helene, Haven and I stray a little behind. Crimson suddenly runs up to us, grabbing the closest arms, Helene's and mine.
"I need your help!" She explains, dragging us away, with Haven following, all three of us bewildered.

OUTSIDE...

"Where are you taking-" I stop talking  and gawk at three figures with smug smirks as they lean up against the tree. All three had brown hair and brown eyes-and I knew immediately who they were.

VKs Timber, Scarlett and Cici-the three children of the Big Bad Wolf.

Author's Notes

Two cliffhangers in one day?

I'm being particularly evil today XD

Anyway, chapter 20 will be out soon!

Thanks for reading!

BatgirlGeek❤️