Chapter Sixteen: Visiting Pride Rock

"Ah! Isn't it lovely!" Nama asks as we pad through the savannah in our lion's forms. I hum in agreement. She said she was going to visit her family with her brothers and offered me to come. I couldn't pass up such an opportunity-I have dreamed about the savannah for years!!
"Shani! Leave the rocks alone-mom and dad wouldn't be happy if we were late!" Chaka shouts at Nama and his younger brother, Shani. The young cub let out a tiny roar of protest as me and Nama chuckled.

And then... we were there. Pride Rock. I took in a breath to admire it and Nama bumped my shoulder.
"Want to race there?" I shrugged.
"You're on!" As we began to race, I was losing traction making Nama laugh as she got up to the top.
"That's not fair! You've been living here all your life!!" I shout as she laughs again, with Chaka and Shani coming to be beside me.
"You're here, Nama!" A lioness' voice calls out from a cave. I see it's the queen, Kiara. Next, a lion comes out, who I can only assume is Nama's father, Kovu.
"You must be, Sylvia!" Kiara says, going over to nuzzle me.
"You're not worried?"
"About you? No. You're thinking of my father." Kiara says with a gleam in her eye.
"It's nice to meet you, Sylvia." Kovu says and I nod, titling my head slightly towards the king and queen.
I'm just glad that I don't have to feel unimportant or unworthy for once in my life.

Author's Notes

Sorry for this being so short. It's like a 'filler' chapter. In books, sometimes chapters are short, it happens.

I probably could have done something with this... but I couldn't think of anything (and I have five more of these to write!), so maybe I'll rewrite it in the future.

Hope you guys enjoyed anyway!
This is only reminding me that I still need to watch Lion King 2...

Bye!
BatgirlGeek❤️

Bye!BatgirlGeek❤️