Chapter 12: Confrontation

Friday's night was the longest damn night of my life. We didn't sleep until Saturday morning. Bella made me tell her everything, made me explain how I knew the things I knew and she made it very clear she wasn't letting me off the hook. Obviously, I had to lie about how I knew that they were vampires. I couldn't tell her that in my old life, they're fictional characters and that this isn't real. Or is it? Pretty sure it's real, just not real for people in my reality. So I made up that the first time I saw the Cullens, something about that made me feel something strange. So naturally, like Bella, I did some researched and came to a conclusion that they weren't human. I had some theories but during the accident I came to realized that even if they weren't human. They are still good people and just because they look and act differently doesn't make them any less human. She accepted my answer and she told me about her freaky encounter with Mr. Perfect Hair. Once she told her story, I told her mine with Dr. Cullen. She laughed at me for five whole freaken minutes, saying how embarrassing and awkward. After her laugh, she told me about Charlie's friend, Waylon, death. I felt guilty that I forgot about him. We talked about other things and eventually, we fell asleep. Didn't wake up until Charlie came home from work. I hugged Charlie and gave my condolence. He asked us if we could go with him over at the Rez, and tell Billy what happened. We both agree and hurried up to change. As we got to the Rez, I was somewhat hoping to see Sam or the other wolves. Wondering who else is in the pack, but no luck they weren't around. Charlie explain what happen and when he mentioned Dr. Cullen, Billy glanced over at Bella and I. Bella didn't see him but I did. He must of know that we hang out with the Cullens. Maybe he has Sam or someone else keeping track on them or us. Still, it's weird. 

On Sunday like always it was our lazy day. Bella kept on bugging me that we should go over at the Cullens house demanding them answers. I rolled my eyes and told her the same thing I said last night. Just because they vampires doesn't make them any less human. Meaning they still want their private time away from us humans. But that didn't change her mind, then I suggested something else. I told her to wait until Monday after school to confront him. But Bella being Bella, she was going to do it in the morning. Once again I had to roll my eyes and told her if that's what she wanted to do then, I'm 100% on her side.

~~Monday morning~~

"Are you sure you want to do this?" I asked Bella for the fifth time this morning. She sighs and nods. We pull up to the school's parking lot. And guess who was there, the lovely Cullens looking rather spontaneous. We both get out her truck, I walk over to her side and we stare at the Cullens. Edward and Bella were having a staring contest, while I was looking between them rather amused. 

Hearing the bell rings, the kids start to go insides, besides Bella, I and the Cullens. 

"If I don't hear from you before 5 pm, I'm calling Van Helsing," I tell Bella joking and see her laugh.

She playfully rolls her eyes and start to head to the woods. Bella was inside the woods already, since we were closer to it. Edward trailing behind her. Before he gets the chance to go inside I call for him and he stops. 

"Hurt her and I will kill you," I tell him and knows I wasn't playing around. He nods and continues to walk. I stare at where they disappear, turning to look at the others. I see Alice looking all excited, Emmett and Jasper looking amused, Rose looks conflicted, why I don't know. I sigh and start to go to class, man today will be a long day. The Cullen's trail behind me. 

Like I said today was the longest day ever, I was bored without Bella in my class. I've sent her multiple text messages and I received only one. Saying that she was still alive and breathing, cheeky son of a fish. During history, Jasper wasn't talking to me, though he did acknowledge me this time. And here I thought if Bella figured out their secrets, they would stop treating me so different. But I guess that won't be the case. Man, I wasn't looking forward to lunch, the only reason why I go to the cafeteria because of Bella. Maybe they'll let me read and not ask questions about Bella.