Chapter 10: Mr. Jacob Black

Bella and I decided that I'll stay over to her house this weekend. Since we're going to the same beach, we'll go together in her truck. Honestly, I thought that truck bad but I grew to love it. Bella even lets me take her truck once in a while. Jake actually did a good job of fixing her up. Besides the loud noise it makes, it drives smooth. And plus I want to spend more time with Bella. Despite what the books say about her, she's actually a good person and shows more emotions, once you get to know her better.  

Bella and I were doing some homework when her dad, Chief Swan, calls her asking us if we wanted anything? Obvious when there's food involved, Im always up for it. I order a double bacon cheeseburger with some french fries and Bells orders a chicken salad. Im not into being healthy, I love me some meat. Another hour or so Chief Swan came home calling us downstairs. 

"Hello Chief Swan" I greeted him as he puts our food on the table. He rolls his eyes.

"How many times do I have to tell you to call me Charlie?" he says.

"Well Charlie, are you going to let go without a ticket if you pull me over?" I asked him. Genuinely, I was just playing around I wasn't expecting his reply. 

"If you don't tell anyone," he says, shocking me. I drop my smile and stare at him. Is he being for reals? 

"A-are you serious?" I ask him. 

He looks at me, picks up his burger and walks away to the living room. I look over at Bella with a did-you-just-hear-that face? She laughs at my face and hands over a cup. 

"I'm holding him to that. If he pulls me over and gives me a speeding ticket, I'm calling you. You're my witness, Bells." I tell her and she playfully rolls her eyes. 

We ate our food and talked about how was school. I offered to wash the dishes but like always Bells pushes me away.

 "Fine, if you don't want me then I won't help you," I tell her with a pout. She splashes water at me and I splash water back at her. And that's how we had a little water fight in her kitchen. Charlie walks in finding two grown teenager splashing water at each other. 

"What are you guys doing?" Charlie asked us with a fond smile. We both stop and points to one another saying  'she started it'. We look at other and start to laugh. He just shakes his head and leaves back out. Bella continues to wash the dishes, while I pick up the water on the floor. After we finish, we head up to her room and continue to do our homework. 

It was getting late, so we stopped and started to get ready for bed. Usually, Bella would sleep over at my house, but since the beach is closer to her house, I stayed over. Remembering that Edward usually comes at night and watches her sleep. That's pretty weird if you ask me, but hey it's their thing. Hopefully, my future boyfriend doesn't watch me sleep. (A/N: hahaha just wait and see, wink wink. Does an evil laugh and hand movement) Bella and I share her bed, yeah her bed is pretty small but I don't move when I sleep. However, Bella does tend to move a lot when she's sleeping. But its okay, I'm still comfortable and plus this gives her good practice when Edward comes over and she won't move around. In the middle of the night, I got up and used the bathroom. I left the lights off, just in case Edward is here and he doesn't have to look at me. But I'm positive he doesn't need the lights to see me clearly. Coming back to her room, I look up at the corner, where he should be at, at first I see him staring at Bella then he looks up at me. When I blink he was gone. Shaking my head, I laugh, he actually comes over. 

The following morning, I expected it to be sunny and clear skies, but what I see is the normal cloudy grey sky. Why do I even bother getting my hopes up? I already knew that it wasn't but hey, can't a girl dream?