Chapter 13: Our Saturday

At the Cullen's House

Bella's POV;

"It's so open," I say entering Edward's house. His house isn't what I expected. I remember Amelia describing it. She did tell me that I first have to see their house first, in order to believe it.  

"What you expect? Towers, coffins, moats?" Edward says with a laugh. I look down a bit embarrassed but reply that I wasn't expecting the moats. We heard music coming from the kitchen.

"I told them that it wasn't necessary to do this" Edward says. He leads me up some stairs into the kitchen. Where his family is making me food. Darn, I should have listened to Amelia when she said I shouldn't eat. 

"Bella, so glad you can make it," a woman says, I'm pretty sure it was Edward's mother and Carlisle's wife. 

"Bella, this is Esme, our mother for all intents and purposes," Edwards tells me. For some odd reason, I feel like she's taking away Amelia's place. Shaking my head to get rid of those ideas.

"Buongiorno? (good day)" I tell her and she gives me a smile. (A/N: I forget exactly they say but hopefully that right)

"Molto Bene! (very good)" she replies.

"You have given us an excuse to use the kitchen," Dr. Cullen says walking behind Esme. 

Dr. Cullen puts a hand around Esme's waist and I couldn't help but feel anger towards him. I stare at his hand and right back at him. I must of done something right or wrong but he quickly removes his hand from her side. I smiled at that, but once again become confused about why I would react that way. 

"I hope you're hungry," Esme says looking at me. Darn once again, Amelia was right.

"Yea, absolutely" I lied, but I didn't want to say no and make them feel bad.

"She already ate" Edward informs them. Making me feel more guilty as Esme had a sad look. 

"Perfect" Rosalie says while breaking a glass bowl. That scared me. I wonder why she doesn't like me but like Amelia.

"Yeah, i-it's just that .... just that I know you guys don't eat," I say stuttering. Wishing that Amelia was here, she would know how to respond to this situation. 

"Of course, it's very considerate of you," Esme says nicely and I smile at her thanking her.

"Just ignore Rosalie, I do," Edwards says making Rosalie growl. 

"Yeah! Let's just keep on pretending like this isn't dangerous for all of us. Especially for Amelia" Rosalie say but the Amelia part she mumbles it. However, I manage to hear it. I frown. Why is it dangerous especially for Amelia?

"I would never say anything. Especially if it brings harm to Amelia." I tell them, shocking them. Maybe because I heard her mention Amelia.

"She knows that," Dr. Cullen says looking back at Rosalie.

"Yeah, well the problem is... you two have gone public so..." Emmett beings to say but Esme interrupts him. 

"Emmett" she warns him.

"No, she should know. If she really wants to protect Amelia. The whole family will be implicated if this ends badly" Rosalie says. 

"Badly as... I become the meal?" I asked stupidly. At that precise moment, Alice and Jasper decided to join in. 

"Hey, Bella. Oh, do you smell good." Alice says as she hugs me. Behind me, I heard Edward make a strange noise. 

"Alice what?" he asked her.