Chapter 20

Enjoy.

Abi x

________________________________________________________________________________

“Dad, why did you stop?”

“I don’t know. Just wanted to give it that effect” I raised my eyebrow at him, how silly.

“Just tell me”

“Alright, don’t interrupt me then.”

“I won’t, action”

“I started going out with your mother when I was 16, she was 15 then. When she was 16, she found out that she was pregnant. Of course her parents and my parents went bonkers about her being pregnant. I got all the blame because I was older.” I gasped after absorbing this interesting information, interesting. 

“And she’s judging me about being pregnant, the cheek. She was teenager I can’t believe it”

“Liyah, are you going to let me finish?”

“Sorry, continue.”

“Well so her parents basically kicked her out, my parents took her in. I just started college then so I obviously didn’t have a good job. My parents took care of both of us, when she had Markus. A year after Markus birth, you’re mom got pregnant again with you two this time. My parents when nuts, her parents nearly burnt my dick off”

“Ergh dad, too much information; skip that part and continue”

“Sorry. Well when I was 19, my parent decided we should move out. So my dad rented a flat for both of us. I applied for a job in retail while going to university. We did a little wedding that was how much I loved your mother. Even though I was broke I still married her. I didn’t let your mother work because it would be too much. As you and your sister got older, you became daddy’s favourite while Imogen was your mom’s favourite and Markus looked nothing like me but I didn’t suspect anything.”

“What, Markus isn’t my brother”

“Maybe I should leave you to figure the rest out”

“No, no sorry, finish it please. I swear I won’t interrupt again”

“One more interruption and I’m going to bed”

“Ok, I’ll zip my mouth”

“When you were six, I came back from work. You ran with me to the bedroom and told me mummy had another boyfriend that she does kissy, kissy with. At first I took it as a silly joke, but you kept saying it. So I confronted your mom about it, she dismissed it saying she didn’t know what you meant. Then later we started arguing, well mostly your mom anyway. One day I took Markus, your sister and you to the park. When we got to the park, you started complaining of having belly ache so I brought you back home. Only to find your mum with some other guy, I was devastated and I was so angry.”

“Oh, so that’s why she hates me. Why would she cheat?”

“Let me finish”

“I’ll ssh”

“Yeah then she cried and told me everything. I was angry and mad because I worked so hard to make sure she had everything she needed and she ended up cheating on me. Out of anger I told her I want a DNA test for all of you, only to find out Markus isn’t even my child. This broke my heart, I was shattered, and I felt like I’ve lost it. That was how we divorced and she basically blamed you for everything that happened.”

“What me? She was the one that cheated, how does that concerns me?”

“Well she said you ruined her perfect family. Well that’s it.”