~5~

June 2017~ 2 weeks before the 2017 NBA Draft

(Hair is dark brown, not blonde.)

"Where is he?" I ask Gigi and Nat.

"I don't know! We'll find him, though, I promise." Nat says.

"Please?" I ask.

"What you need to do is get back in bed. I don't know why you all dressed up like you going out. You're sick, Nai." Nat says.

"I'm fine." I say before coughing. Nat and Gigi both step back. "Gigi, don't step back like you didn't get me sick."

"I'm sorry sis! But it was that boy at school who got me sick, so blame him!" Gigi says.

"Whatever. Can you just go and find him for me, please?" I ask my sisters.

"You got it." Nat says, and the two of them leave, closing my door. I lay back down in bed and try to fall back asleep. A few minutes later, my door opens.

"Ara! Where is yo lazy ass at?" I hear. Looking over the covers, I see Melo's wild hair.

"I'm right here." I say. He comes over to me and yanks off the covers.

"Why you still in bed?" He asks. I was about to answer but I sneeze. "Aw, your sneeze is so adorable." I glare at him.

"Melo, don't get sick!" Nat says. Her and Gigi walk back in with Crucio her in arms. Both of them were wearing masks.

"I'm not even that sick. Gimme my baby." I say, holding my arms out. Nat hands me Crucio and I lay back down with him.

"You wanna switch the dog out for me?" Melo asks. I just shake my head.

"She always does this when she gets sick. She kidnaps Crucio and keeps him till she gets better." Gigi says.

"Don't you have homework to do, kid?" I ask her, sitting back up. Crucio barks in my arms. "See, he said get out in dog."

"You can't speak dog! But whatever, I'm going to the court." Gigi says, leaving the room.

"And imma leave you two lovebirds alone." Nat says, winking at me.

"Yeah, yeah. Less talky more leavey." I say, shooing her out my room. She laughs and leaves, going to her room. Melo sits at the foot of my bed, just looking at me.

"Why're you still here?" I ask him.

"Cause I'm taking care of my girl. Whatchu want, some soup?" Melo asks. I smile and nod.

"Just don't burn it like you did with those noodles last week." I say. He glares at me.

"I didn't burn 'em! They were just a little overcooked!" 

"Yeah, so overcooked they were black." He playfully pushes me before leaving the room. I look down at Crucio.

"Am I getting you sick, buddy?" I ask. He just licks my face happily. "Is that a no? Gigi was right, I really can't speak dog." I say. He barks and I shrug, turning on my TV. My phone starts ringing and it was a FaceTime call from Nat.