two

He was wearing his thrasher sweatshirt with some aviators on. He was so hot and I wanted him, but I kept that my little secret.

I just imagined him sitting down next to me, wrapping his arm around me, whispering in my ear, "I love you"

I smiled at the thought and he looked at me. I looked away from him and paid attention in class. Time crawled by and I just sat there, hoping that Jae was okay. She did this a lot, and I was scared for her. She was actually tortured by her father. Bruises all over her body. Always filled with emotions. She couldn't do a damn thing about it though. I tried talking to her every once and a while, but she just sat there staying quiet, and it breaks my heart.

The bell rang and everyone walked out of the room. I was late a few seconds so I was left in the classroom alone with the bad boys.

Braiden: oh look, the little nerd

Grayson: bro just shut up

Liam: she ain't even bad, leave her alone

I tucked my hair behind my ear and smiled at the ground. I grabbed my backpack and walked out of class. I went to my next class, history.

I sat down in my assigned seat and read the board. We had an assignment and we were paired in partners. But we couldn't pick any partners. The teacher picks them for us. I wasn't friends with anyone in this class, so I was screwed either way, and I already knew I was gonna be doing all the work.

The parter pairs were on the board. I scanned the board for my name only to see I was paired up with.......

GRAYSON?!

No. God no.

He is gonna try to lure me in. I already know it.

Well, can't change it now. I laughed at the thought.

But i kinda like him too, but he treats me like shit.

What is my deal??

*****
Lunch

I sat down at an empty table outside. I really wasn't in the mood to eat but I just sat there hoping Jae was ok. This happened a lot, but it still worried me. She used to be really happy until her dad went mentally insane. My phone started vibrating in my back pocket. I took it out and saw that my older brother, James, was calling me. I answered him slowly.

Aniyah: yeah??

James: what's ur deal

Aniyah: wh-what are you talking about

James: when you come home tonight your getting it

James: and if you say another word, I will make it worse

I took my phone away from my ear and hung up. I put it back in my pocket and then felt a hand on my shoulder. I look behind me only to see Grayson.

Grayson: hey, Aniyah, right?

Aniyah: yeah, we are partners for the history project

Grayson: I saw. So my parents won't be home tonight so wanna come over and work on it?

Aniyah: um sure!

Grayson: I'll just drive you to my house if that's ok with you

Aniyah: oh um... yeah

Grayson looked at me deep in my eyes.

His eyes. Oh my fucking god.

Grayson: don't expect this to go anywhere, i'm not interested

Wait. What?

Just let it go. He's a fuckboy.

Aniyah: I'm not interested in you either so idk where you got that from but you can leave now

I crooked my head at him with a sassy smirk. He walked back to his table and I walked back into the school. I put my tray up and went to my next class.

*****

It was now the end of the day. Everyone was getting packed up, ready for another weekend of fun. I found Grayson and walked out of the school with him. I got in the passenger seat of his truck and he drove off.

Aniyah: are you cheating on Lilia?

Grayson: who said I was dating Lilia?

Aniyah: well there are rumors

Grayson: she's my main chick, but I have side chicks, you know

Aniyah: oh... ok

Grayson: got a problem with that?

Aniyah: no, not at all

Grayson: good

We got to his house and walked up to his room. I got out all of the work and worked on it while Grayson sat on his bed playing on his phone.

Aniyah: really?

Grayson: what?

Aniyah: god ur such a douchebag

Grayson: I wouldn't say that if I were you

He had this menacing look in his eyes. I rolled my eyes at him. I could see his eyes darken.

Grayson: shut the fuck up and get back to work before I pin you down on the bed and fuck the shit out of you.