thirteen

I opened my eyes and i was in my moms bed. Police sirens flashed through the windows and sirens rang in my ears. My mother was next to me, in tears, trying to wake me up.

I sat up and coughed a lot. I felt like I was dying.

Mom: oh my baby *choking on her tears*

It took a second for me to realize what was going on and what happened.

Then I remembered James.

Mom: aniyah are you okay?

DOES IT LOOK LIKE IM FUCKING OKAY, MOM?

I laid my head back down and had a major migraine.

*****

I woke up to my phone buzzing. I was in my bed. It was so weird. I felt fine. I checked my phone and there was no unknown number.

It was just a dream. Phew.

My phone was buzzing from a text from Grayson.

Grayson: i'm sorry baby, i love you, you know that, can we just have some fun once in a while?

Aniyah: i'm coming over

I giggled and slipped some shoes on. It was like 1 in the morning btw. I snuck downstairs and walked to the door. I opened it and closed it, being very quiet. Then I ran to Grayson's house.

I got there and climbed in his bedroom window. He helped me up and in there. He shut the window and locked it.

Grayson: i'm sorry, i really am

Aniyah: it's okay, i forgive you, but i thought we were gonna have some fun?

I smirked at him and he smiled.

Grayson: god i love you

Aniyah: i love you too

Grayson: you aren't ready for this babygirl

He threw me down and climbed on top of me, stripping me down piece by piece.

*****

I slowly opened the door, trying not to make a noise again. As soon as I shut the door, someone caught my eye. James.

James: sneaking out, huh?

James: how would you like if i told mom?

Aniyah: how would you like it if I told mom you were smoking pot in her house while she was gone?

James: oh you little fucker

The upstairs light flickered on and Mom was there.

I froze and so did James.

Both: hi mom!

Mom: what time is it? *yawns*

Aniyah: um it's time for bed

I ran upstairs and led mom back to her room. I tucked her in and shut her door. I went to the balcony of the stairs and James was down there being mad.

James: fuck you

Aniyah: fuck you too

I went into my room and shut my door, locking it. Then I jumps onto my bed and fell asleep.

*****

I woke up to someone yanking at my arm. I look to my side only to find Havah, smiling big.

Havah: wake up! we have to go!

Aniyah: *giggles* what are you doing here!

Havah: get ready, we have so many plans!

I sat up and rolled out of bed. Havah picked out my outfit and did my hair.

Aniyah: where are we even going?

Havah: it's a surprise?

Aniyah: how'd you get in here

Havah: your mom let me in

Aniyah: ok ok let's go

I slipped on some shoes and ran downstairs with Havah on my back.

Aniyah: bye mom!

Havah: bye sweetie!

We ran out the door and got in Havah's car. We drove off to the movies. We saw a movie and then went to chili's. We ate a lot ending up spending 50 dollars. Then we went to a pool and swam for hours. Some boys were flirting with Havah in there and she ended up giving one of them her number.

By the time we were exhausted, it was only 7, and it was pitch black out. We drove around the town, and we got our Starbucks and ate some cookies.

We drove up a mountain top with a beautiful view. We sat there and sang like 100 zillion songs. Then it was time to go home, because it was sunday, and another week had been started.