Code red? Part 15

Trigger warning(?) Talks of self harm, panic attack, depression hinting? Yeah. Enjoy <3

*Logan POV*

It's been a week. One full week of Patton's sadness and denial since he has been ignoring the fact that Joan could be perfectly fine.

Roman was and is still trying to bargain with Thomas, however futile his attempts are.

Virgil. Virgil isn't doing well. I can't get close enough to him to help. I've seen dark stains on his shirt sleeves. He's mostly been wearing black instead of purple now so you can barely see the dark marks.

I hate to admit; I've been on edge. I've been trying to keep a level head to help Thomas remain calm, but every so often I, what is the saying? 'slip up' when trying to work or talk to others.

I try not to but It's hard to avoid. I keep with Thomas, mostly in control when we went to the doctors with Joan for a check up.

The others were in hysterics and Thomas had tears in his eyes but he was listening.

Joan has only gotten worse. However, it's only a little worse and the cancer is developing extremely slowly.

Thomas had gone to the store right after the doctor visit and bought Joan flowers, cards, a new beanie since they loved them, and a stuffed bear. (cause who doesn't like stuffed animals?)

Thomas showed up at Joan's place since they both drove separate ways and showered them with gifts.

They were his best friend and Thomas felt like he needed to get them things. I may have let Patton and Roman take over a little at the store and even now but it's alright. Everything important at the moment is done and I need some rest.

I head to my room in Thomas's mind and leave the others to take care of Thomas while he's at Joan's.

I stretch out on the bed and set my glasses on the side table. I drift off to sleep without much thought other than extreme exhaustion.

~<>~

I awake perhaps a few hours later and we're at Thomas's home. I feel a slight pushing feeling; this usually happens when one of the others or a deep emotion take most of the control.

I grab my glasses and sink down to the real world. My eyes spin around the room faster than my body turns.

Patton is sitting on the couch with a pen, scribbling on his hand.

Thomas is on the floor against the wall, shaking, sobbing, crying, and trying to breathe. I can't see Roman in the room.

I curse softly under my breath and sink back to Thomas's mind.

I start my trek to go and get the darker trait. I find a grey door and knock for just a moment before going in. Virgil's laying back on his bed, hood up, eyes closed, and headphones on with music so loud I can hear it through them.

I walk up to him and shake his shoulder slightly.

"Virgil. Virgil pay attention." He glances up at me and pulls off a headphone, "Virgil, Thomas seems to be having a panic attack and I don't know how to help him as well as you do."

He softly sighs like just breathing is too hard. He fiddles with his phone for a moment and the noise becomes quieter. He sinks down after nodding to me.

I follow suit and sink down after him. I watch as he slowly walks across the room to Thomas.

*Virgil POV*

I can't seem to feel much more than an empty hole in my chest. However, Logan said something about Thomas and panic so I guess I need to step it up for Tommy.