Apathy Part 5

*Logan's POV*

I was ready to knock, to ignore what's happened and just apologize. But... something stopped me. I was inefficacious to just tap his door. Sighing, I briskly walk off to my room ready to just read. I was reading 'The Murder of Roger Ackroyd' again. I know that it's somewhat illogical, however this book is phenomenal and reading it over and over isn't for just... fun. Or any of those *ack* feelings. It's to retain the facts about the story! Yeah, just facts...

For some reason I couldn't focus on the story; infuriating me because I've read the same page a few times now and still I can't focus on the story. Just... Patton. He was the only thing my mind would concentrate on. How I've messed up, hurt h-his feelings, I'm the one that is the root of Thomas's problem with his friends trying to 'help' him. I just try to keep Thomas safe, to make logical decisions. I'm looking out for him even i-if it m-means...

I wipe away at my face, water drops covering my hands and streaming down my face.

"What is this?" I search my brain and try to figure it out. "Hmm... perhaps something is wrong with my nerves, or maybe the light is just to painful to my eyes... or tears. But that can't be right, I don't use emotions. For me I used to feel a little but once I decided to get back to my job of helping Thomas I just... shut them off completely. They can't be coming back...

Taking a deep breath I remind myself, "You don't need emotions. They hinder our operating quality and get in the way. I shall continue to help Thomas even if it means having to lessen Morality's impact. I shall not hurt him but I will try to make him use less..." I grimace, "emotions."

I close my eyes, steel myself, and shove Romans demand to apologize, Patton's hurt feelings, and my own worries to the back of my mind.

This is no place for my emotions to be.

I lay back on my crisp dark blue sheets, and close my eyes as I drift into a dreamless sleep.

*a week later*

*Virgil's POV*

Morality won't leave his room for anything except bathroom breaks. He stopped letting us inside his room after another encounter with Logan.

~flashback~

*3rd person*

Morality walked out of his room a day after Anxiety talked to him and he had some sleep. He was on his way to find Roman and ask him about this song 'Say No To This' from Hamilton. He was confused as to what it meant. He say Roman walking to his room.

"Roman! I have a question about Hamilton!"

"Oh fantastic! So what's it about? Ham, Laurens, Herc, Laf, Burr, Philip-" Morality cuts him off.

"What does the song 'Say No To This' mean?"

Roman turned red and choked on air. "W-what-" He's saved from answering when Patton spots Logan.

"Logan, Logan don't walk away! I wanna say hi!" Patton nearly yelled.

Logan turned to him with an icy glare. He pushes up his glasses and sighs, "No."

"But Logan-"

"I said no you bumbling buffoon! Leave me be." Logan adjusted his tie and strode off quickly.

Roman reaches out to Patton, "Pat, it's okay he probably didn't mean it, uh he was probably just angered by something else."

Patton started to back away, tears falling from his eyes. "I-I just c-can't." He starts shaking as tears stream down his face. "There's n-no r-reason. I ONLY WANTED TO SAY HELLO. I-I-I JUST WANTED TO TRY, TO BE A GOOD PERSON. WHY? Why? why?"