CHAPTER 6: ITS MY FUCKING FAULT

(THAT NIGHT AT JASON'S HOUSE...)

JASON SITS ON HIS BED CRYING HIS HEART OUT WHILE HOLDING A PICTURE OF GRAMS

(JASON) TODAY MY WHOLE WORLD WAS TURNED INSIDE OUT. I JUST KEEP BLAMING MYSELF FOR GRAMS' DEATH. IF ONLY I HAD WENT WITH MY FIRST MIND AND STAYED HOME SHE'D PROBABLY STILL BE ALIVE

JOSH SAID THAT HE CAME OVER TO CHECK ON GRAMS AND GRAMS WAS LAYING DOWN ON THE COUCH. HE SAD WHEN HE TRIED TO WAKE HER SHE DIDN'T RESPOND. HE CHECKED HER PULSE. SHE HAD NO PULSE. HE BURST INTO TEARS. THEN HE CALLED ME WHILE I WAS AT MOM AND DADS. WHEN HE TOLD ME I THOUGHT I HAD HEARD HIM WRONG. MY PARENTS CONSOLED ME. THEN WE ALL GOT UP AND WENT TO THE HOSPITAL.

WHEN WE GOT THERE I SAW JOSH. WE CRIED IN EACH OTHERS ARMS. THEN THE DOCTOR CAME AROUND AND TOLD IS THAT GRAMS HAD HEARTS DISEASE. I COULDN'T BELIEVE THAT SHE WOULD HIDE SOMETHING LIKE THAT FROM US. WE'RE HER FAMILY. WE WOULD HAVE BEEN THERE FOR HER.

I ASKED DR. MADDOX IF WE COULD SEE GRAMS. HE SAID SURE.

JOSH WENT IN FIRST AND SAID HIS FINAL GOODBYES. WHEN HE CAME OUT OF THE ROOM HE JUST LOOKED DRAINED AND HURT ALL AT THE SAME TIME. WHEN IT WAS MY TURN TO GO IN, TYLER ASKED ME DID I WANT HIM TO GO IN WITH HIM. I TOLD HIM THANKS BUT THIS WAS SOMETHING I NEEDED TO DO ON MY OWN.

I WALKED IN THE ROOM AND CLOSED THE DOOR. I WALKED OVER TO A LIFELESS GRAMS. MY HEART SHATTERED. THE TEARS STARTED COMING RAPIDLY. I SAT ON THE HOSPITAL BED. I STARED AT WHAT USE TO BE MY GRANDMOTHER.

"DAMMIT!!!!THIS IS MY FAULT GRAMS. I....I'M TO BLAME. IF I HADN'T LEFT YOU YOU'D STILL BE HERE WITH US. IF THERE'S ANYBODY TO BLAME ITS ME. ITS ALL MY FAULT. I TAKE FULL RESPONSIBILITY FOR ALL OF IT."

I TOOK MY HAND AND I TOUCHED GRAMS HEART

IT HAD NO BEAT TO IT

I BROKE DOWN AGAIN

I PUT MY HEAD ON GRAMS' CHEST

"I'LL NEVER FORGIVE MYSELF. I CAN'T. HOW CAN I GO ON WITH MY LIFE IF YOU'RE NOT HERE TO MAKE SURE I DON'T FUCK IT UP!!!!!"

"FIRST IT WAS MOM AND DAD AND NOW YOU. HOW CAN I GO ON KNOWING YOU'RE NOT GONNA BE HERE TO TELL ME NOT TO STAY IN THE BATHROOM SO LONG. WHO'S GONNA PUT ME IN MY PLACE WHEN I GET OUT OF LINE? NO ONE AND I MEAN NO ONE WILL EVER DO ME THE WAY YOU DID."

I HEARD THE DOOR OPEN

I LOOKED UP

IT WAS MY MOM, DAD, AND TYLER

DAD TOOK ONE LOOK AT ME

HE WALKED OVER TO ME

HE PULLED A CHAIR UP

"Do you mind if I say something right quick?", he asked

" Go for it."

I get up and walk over to Tyler and I cry in his arms

"Mrs. Gloria, I don't know if you're listening, but If I know you I'm pretty sure you are. Ever since you graced our lives with you're presence, you have filled our lives with hope, joy, wisdom, and most of all love. You were family to us all. My mom is sitting outside crying her eyes out. She just can't believe that you won't be here. The kids thought of you as their grandmother. They loved you dearly, especially Parker. He's having a hard time. I didn't tell you this before, but Parker is going through a lot right now. He was diagnosed with ADHD. I'm going to be honest with you...I'm scared. I'm scared because I don't know what to do. I keep telling myself to be strong for my son, but it so hard. I wish you were here to give me some wise words. I could really use them right now."

A crying Jeff gets up

So that's what they've been hiding. I feel bad now. I didn't know that Park was going through it.

Dad gets up and kisses Grams on the cheek

"Our hearts are filled with sadness knowing you won't be here. Especially mines. If there's a heaven I know you made it in. Thank you for loving us all and seeing us through he good, the bad, and the ugly. Without you we would still be arguing and fussing."

Jeff walks over to Lisa and they hug

"We're gonna go check on the kids.", said Lisa

" OK.", I said

"Can I say a few words?", asked Tyler

" Yeah.", I said

Tyler walks over to the hospital bed and sits on it

"I was kinda scared to meet you at first. Jason talked so highly of you. I didn't want you to think that I had corrupted his mind. I was wrong though. You welcomed me into your life with open arms. You treated me as if you've known me all the days of my life. You never once looked down on me as if I was some abomination. You looked at me as a human being and for that I will always be grateful. Your heart was pure. You'd help anybody. I just want want you to know that you don't have to worry about Jason. He knows he has the key to my heart. I will take good care of him."

Tyler kisses Grams on the forehead

"Rest in peace.", he said

I walked back over to the hospital bed

" There won't be a day when I won't be blaming myself. I know you're up there saying its not your fault. Its gonna be hard living without you. I don't know if I can do it. You've been with me all my life. And knowing that you won't be here tomorrow, next week, or next year just tears me up inside. I wish you were here. ITS ALL MY FAULT....ITS ALL MY FAULT!!!!!!"

TYLER PULLS ME INTO A HUG

"You don't have to say anything... I'm here for you.", he said

Dr. Maddox walks in

" Mr. Jones you and your family have my deepest sympathy. I know what you're going through. I lost my grandmother two years ago to heart disease. I was in the same boat you were in. Me and my family haven't gotten over losing her. She was the glue that held us all together. There will never be another her. I can't tell you how to deal with this. I've been down this road myself. The only thing I can tell you is to hold your loved ones close to your heart and love them wholeheartedly. Remind them that your love is limited and that you'll always always be in their corner no matter what.", said Dr. Maddox

"Thank you Dr. Maddox. I really needed to hear those words."

"It was my pleasure."

I kissed Grams on the cheeks once more

"You'll never be dead to me. I won't accept that...ever."

We walked out the hospital room while everyone else went to say their final goodbyes.

We left the hospital and we all went our separate way. Tyler asked me if I wanted him to spend the night, but I told him I needed some time to myself. My parents asked me if I wanted to spend the night but I told them I needed some alone time to gather my thoughts together.

As I sit in my bed and cry I think of all the good times we had. Its like a movie playing in my mind. No matter what I do or where I go you'll always be the one person I'll look up to. You were the glue tat held us all together. Now that you're gone I don't know whats gonna happen to us all now.

I can only hope and pray that our lives won't then into some horrific Lifetime movie.

R.I.P Grams

We love you today, tomorrow, and forever

😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘

TO BE CONTINUED....

WILL JASON BOUNCE BACK FROM GRAMS DEATH

STAY TUNED