CHAPTER 13: SHIT JUST GOT REAL

(AT STEFAN'S APARTMENT...)

(STEFAN) Tonight I decided to invite everybody to our apartment for a lil party, well not just any lil party. Today's Trevor's birthday and I wanted to show him how much I love and value him. What better way to show him how much I love and value my lil bro than to throw him a party.

So far my journey here has been great. Slowly but surely I'm bonding with my siblings, Mrs. Belinda, Mrs. Stephanie and Mr. Wes, Brian, Jeff, and my nieces and nephews. I wish I had bonded with them earlier in life. It would have made this so much easier. Better late than never huh.

I only invited Josh, Tarren, Jase, Tommy, Rocky, Melissa, Cameron, and Tyler. I was told to not tell Tyler or Jase about each other coming (Josh's instructions, not mines). I have a funny feeling this party's about to be turned upside down.

Around 7, everybody started arriving. Tarren brought Carly, who by the way is supposed to be at home and Tyler. Josh came by himself (he lives in the next building). Tommy and Melissa came together (they've been lovey dovey ever since they waltzed through the door). Cam and Rocky showed up together (is Rocky already drunk?).

We were all sitting around drinking and playing spades when there was a knock on the door.

"Josh will you get the door for me please?", I asked

" Sure.", he said

Josh walked to the door and he looked through the peep hole. He looked at me and I knew exactly who it was. The party is gonna get into full swing now.

Josh opened the door and there was my nephew Jase.

"Jase, man why are you always late. Damn can you be on time for one event.", said Josh

"Sorry about that. I had to go deal with something important."

"This nigga gone be late for his own funeral."

Tyler looked at Jase. Jase looked at Tyler

Jase walked over and spoke to everyone...everyone except Tyler.

Tyler walked to the kitchen with Trevor.

(TREVOR) I saw how upset Tyler was. I know seeing Jase pissed him off. From what I was told Jase wouldn't be attending (I bet Josh and  Stefan are behind this shit).

"Bro are you alright?", I asked him

"I was told that he who shall remain nameless wasn't going to be here."

"I thought the same thing. I guess he  decided to party crash last minute."

"Seeing him just reminds me of what happened the night of his party and that takes me to a place of anger and hurt and resentment. Was I not good enough for him? Was I that lousy of a boyfriend for him to cheat on me with Sasha? Sasha? The same botch who pretended to befriend me just so she could get her hands on my man. Not only that but now there's a baby in the mix."

I didn't know what Tyler was going through personally, but I can empathize with him.

"Tyler listen I don't know what you and Jase are going through personally. But I can tell that you two still care for each other deeply."

"I use to care for him but after finding out he fucked Sasha all my cares for him went out the window."

"I have an idea. Just ignore him. Act as if he isn't there. Treat him as if he was thin air."