CHAPTER 29: ANOTHER TRAGEDY

(AT WESTPOINT MEMORIAL)

(JASON) Everytime I think this family is going to prevail, something else happens. I never thought Mom would get in a car accident. She's a good driver. I don't understand this.

Me, Dad, Chase, Parker, Grandpa Wes, Josh, Grandma Stephanie, Uncle Brian, Uncle Stefan, Trevor, Tommy, Rocky, and Melissa were all sitting in the waiting room.

"I just texted Cam. He said he and Chuck were on their way.", said Tommy.

"I know. He just texted me the same thing.", I said.

"I don't get it. Lisa's an excellent driver. Something is off about this.", said Grandma Belinda.

"Jase, can I talk to you for a minute", asked Dad

"Yes sir."

Dad walked towards the elevator.

The elevator door opened.

It's Aunt Tracy, Tanner, and Lindsay.

"Is my sister alright?", she asked

"We won't know anything till Scott and Dr. Shaw come back out.", said Jeff

"I'm Mom going to be OK Daddy?", asked Lindsay

"I hope so honey. I certainly hope so.", he said

Lindsay looks devastated.

"Its gonna be OK honey. Do me a favor. Go sit in the waiting room with the family while I have a word with Jase right quick.", said Jeff

"Yes sir."

The elevator opens up again. It's Cam and Chuck.

"Bro, you O.K.? How's Mrs. Lisa?", asked Cameron

"We don't know anything yet. Uncle Scott is back there with her now."

"Did they say what happened?"

"Nope, not yet anyway. Cam, my Dad wants to talk to me right quick. We'll be right back."

"OK. I'll be right here. Come on Chuck."

Dad pressed the button on the elevator and it opened and we got in. He pressed the one button and it went all the way down to the first floor. When it opened, we got out and we went outside.

"Son I have something to tell you. I couldn't share it with you in front of the others.", he said

"Dad you look worried. What's wrong?"

"Earlier Sasha's father Gary came by the house looking for you. Chase answered the door. He asked for you, then your Mom came downstairs. Her and Gary had some words. Then I arrived. Then he and I had some words. Then he and Chase had some words. I see where Sasha gets her fucked up attitude from."

"Wait....I thought he was in jail?"

"He was, but I guess he got out early for good behavior. Sasha is every bit of her Dad's daughter."

"What does he want?"

"He just said he wanted to talk to you, but that's not gonna happen."

"You damn right it's not gonna happen. I want nothing to do with Sasha or her family. Those people have some fucked up issues."

"He seemed so certain that you and he were gonna have a conversation."

"Yeah, he's definitely Sasha's father. He doesn't scare me one bit."

"Watch your back and if it gets out of hand, do what you have to do. Usually I don't tell anyone that, but in this case I am."

"Thanks for looking out Dad."