10. The aftermath

Rosette was sitting down, staring at the person that lied on what looked like an uncomfortable bed in front of her.

Things happened way to fast for the woman's liking. It was all like watching a scene unfold in front of you with extreme speed.

She doesn't want to remember any part of it.

The part where she saw the circus collapsing from the fire.

The part where P.T. came running out with Phillip in his arms.

The part where Anne kept saying she was sorry when both girls were hugging eachother to seek comfort.

And here she was...remembering it all anyways.

She ignored the nurses that came to her letting her know that she had to leave because anyone who wasn't a patient was not allowed to stay past midnight. She stayed until the next morning infact

She only snapped out of it when she felt a soft hand on her shoulder. Looking up she saw Anne smiling sadly.

"The other's are going to talk to P.T at the local bar down the street. I'll take over for you." Anne said.

"No no, you go on it's fine really I-"

"You need a small break okay. If he wakes up I will send someone to let you know immediately. Now get up and out of here Rose." Anne cut Rosette off with a soft smile.

"Fine. Promise you'll let me know immediately when he wakes up?" 

"I just said that didn't I?" Anne raised an eyebrow.

"Right. Okay, I'll see you later Anne." Rosette sighed rubbing her eyes.

"Go on now." Anne gave Rosette a light shove causing the latter to chuckle before walking away and out of the small clinic.

Walking out into the breezy air, Rosette saw the circus members already outside wating for her. They all gave her a smile which she tiredly returned.

"So, I heard we are going to be pulling the stick out of Phineas's bum?" The members laughed before they all embraced her in a big group hug.

Once they seperated, Rosette grabbed W.D and Lettie's arm's wrapping hers around both of them as they began making their way towards the local bar.

~~~

P.T. was sitting on a stool staring at nothing as he took sips here and there from his glass of rum. He didn't even turn his head when he heard a familiar voice.

"Figured you be here. Feeling sorry for yourself." Charles climbed onto the counter making his way toward P.T. as the rest of the circus members came in excluding Anne and Phillip, Rosette took a seat next to P.T.

"Folks if you came here to get paid, the moneys gone." Rosette rolled her eyes at the man.

"All of it." He added to his words.

"Oh shut up Barnum, you just don't get it do you? Our own mothers were ashamed of us. You gave us our whole lives, pulled us out of the shadows. And now you giving up on us too." Lettie scoffed at the man.

"Maybe you are a fraud. Maybe you only care about just making a buck. But you gave us a real family." P.T. looked at Rosette after she finshed speaking before turning his head to W.D when he spoke.

"And the circus, that was our home. We want our home back."

*From Now On song begins*
Bold: P.T.
Italic: The circus members

I saw the sun begin to dim
And felt that winter wind
Blow cold
A man learns who is there for him
When the glitter fades and the walls won't hold
'Cause from then, rubble
One remains
Can only be what's true
If all was lost
Is more I gain
'Cause it led me back
To you

From now on
These eyes will not be blinded by the lights
From now on
What's waited till tomorrow starts tonight
Tonight
Let this promise in me start
Like an anthem in my heart
From now on
From now on
(Rosette and Charles smiled at eachother as the circus members began moving the tables.)

I drank champagne with kings and queens
The politicians praised my name
But those are someone else's dreams
The pitfalls of the man I became
For years and years
I chased their cheers
The crazy speed of always needing more
But when I stop
And see you here
I remember who all this was for

And from now on
These eyes will not be blinded by the lights
From now on
What's waited till tomorrow starts tonight
It starts tonight
And let this promise in me start
Like an anthem in my heart
From now on
From now on
From now on
(P.T. grabbed Rosettes hands standing her up as her and the rest of the circus members began singing.)

And we will come back home
Home, again!
And we will come back home
Home, again!
And we will come back home
Home, again!
From now on!And we will come back home
And we will come back home
Home, again!

And we will come back home
Home, again!
And we will come back home
(Yes!)
Home, again!And we will come back home
And we will come back home
Home, again!
(P.T. looked at Rosette when she nodded her head towards the door knowing where he wanted to go)

From now on!
These eyes will not be blinded by the lights!From now on!What's waited till tomorrow starts tonight!
It starts tonight!

Let this promise in me start
Like an anthem in my heart
From now on!
From now on!

From now on!
And we will come back home
Home again!

A woman walked through the door looking for Rosette shouting words that caused Rosette and the rest of the circus to break out in even wider smiles.

"Mr. Carlyle has woken up Miss. Johnson"

And rosette smiled at the rest of the members before dashing out of the local bar and toward the clinic.

And we will come back home
Home again!
And we will come back home
Home again!

Seeing Anne help Phillip stand from his bed, Rosette let out a laugh before running towards his bed immediately crashing into him causing him to step back with small grunt hugging the girl back.

Pulling away Rosette smiled at the boy she is happy to say she loves.

And then she crashed her lips onto his. Phillip froze with his eyes open in shock but once he saw Anne's encouraging smile he realized that this moment was infact real and with that thought in his mind he smiled against Rosette's lips and closed his eyes kissing her back.

From now on
From now on
Home again! (Ooh ooh)
From now on
From now on
Home again!

I almost wasn't going to update today, just because I am a lazy potato and wasn't feeling inspired. But then I read everyone's comments while listening to this song and with a strong feeling of pride, I wrote this chapter. I dont know why but this song always gives me this strong emotion of confidence and joy and it's like a breath of fresh air when listening to it.

Am I the only one feeling this way?

"I know I'm not the only one." *Nudge* *wink* 

Yeah.....okay
*whispers "Now is not the time Sammy"*

Don't forget to VOTE and FOLLOW ME Plzzzzzzz!!!

Thank you for sticking around for a week and a half without a chapter....I appreciate your patience.

Xo's