Mates

In Longtail's point of view, he doesn't use Scourgefang's proper name, and just uses the first prefix, Scourge.  Disrespectful, I know.  So in this book, as you might have noticed, Longtail is not as well mannered as he was in Firestar's Quest.  He is more like the cat that was in the very first book of the first Warriors Series.  So don't get mad if he doesn't seem like the cat in Firestar's Quest.  If you are wondering, the cat in the picture above is Wingstar's mate and I didn't just put him there because of the name of this chapter.                                                                               

                                                       Longtail's P.O.V.

Longtail padded along the hard cement of the twoleg place, following Ruby/Blood.  He still wasn't sure how to feel about Blood.  She was a spunky she-cat, and really did not live up to her self given name.  Sometimes though, she would live up to the fierceness the name implied.  He had been staying with her for two days now, and the gathering had passed.  

I hope that they tore him to pieces!  That would really do all of the clans a favor. Longtail thought savagely. 

"We are here." Blood meowed softly.

Longtail nodded, as Blood walked into a seemingly abandoned building.  He ran after her, only to slip on the slick concrete, not able to get traction.  He heard snickers from above, and saw some cats looking at him from the window on the second part of the twoleg building.  He wasn't sure how the twolegs got it so high, but it was almost as high as the Great Sycamore.  He hissed at the ones who were laughing at him, and they just laughed harder.

"Ooh, the so very fierce forest cat hissed at us!  Come and get us if you can keep your paws under you!" They howled, barley containing their mrows of laughter.

"Stop!  This cat is under my protection.  If you so much as harm one hair on his pelt, you will regret it!" Blood yowled at the two laughing cats, who suddenly didn't look like anything was so funny anymore.

"Ahh, we have a visitor.  I see you have brought in another recruit Blood?" Asked a gray she-cat with white stripes around her eyes, walking out of the building, and even though her tone of voice directed towards Blood was dripping with honey, the look she was giving Blood was as cold as the touch of the Moonstone.

"Yes and no, Bloodbird.  He is no recruit, but he is a visitor with information about Scourge."

Ahh, so that is why she is so unfriendly around Blood.  This is Scourge's former mate. Longtail thought.

"Information, about Scourge?" Asked Bloodbird suspiciously.

"Yes.  This is a ThunderClan cat.  They don't lie, and I don't think it's in their nature." Blood meowed scornfully.

Longtail felt anger coming on, but he kept his jaws shut.  He didn't want the leader of BloodClan angry with him.  He knew what Scourge did to cats who upset him, and he did not want that to happen to him, and who knows what his former mate might come up with!       

"Well, follow me.  We have much to discuss ThunderClan cat." Bloodbird said, walking back into the building without looking back.

Four moons after the Gathering

                                                                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~