julian

earlier that day

"man, you should have seen the look on her face when i dropped the spaghetti all over her books." julian wiped the laughter tears that formed in the corners of his eyes. "priceless."

his friend, jay, chuckled and said, "you are such an asshole, deguzman."

the boy smirked, pushing himself off the locker he leaned on. "am i, really?"

"JULS!"

sean yelled out the boy's name from the end of the hallway, waving his hand casually as he walked towards where they were.

once he stood directly infront of the lockers julian and jay leaned on, he did a handshake with jay.

"hey jay. have any plans for tonight?" sean casually asked.

"nah, don't think so. i have to go over to this dinner thing. you know how my mom is."

"wow. that sucks." sean snorted. "how about you, juls?"

"what's in it for tonight anyway?" the shorter boy's forehead creased in curiousity.

"is the player's head too filled with playboy girls that he forgot the year-ender parties?" sean faked gasped, high fiving jay who laughed. "there's a party, dumbo."

"who's throwing it?"

"autumn miller."

at the mention of her name, julian's half-existent heart panged with something along the lines of rejection and want.

let's face it, everyone found autumn miller beautiful and inspirational, despite how much her bitchiness wafted in the air like a rotten egg.

she was blonde. she was tall. she was beautiful. she was the lead cheerleader, and she pretty much owns the dance team. she's popular, and the boys are all over her.

julian was no exception to that.

"there he goes again, daydreaming about the autumn miller." sean sighed in pity for his friend.

"what?" julian defensively said, "i'm not daydreaming about her. she's your ex, sean, i'm going by the bro code."

"you have that 'i'd-rather-love-her-than-fuck-her' look on your face. seems like breaking the bro code to me."

"sean's right. you fancy the girl." jay waggled his eyebrows at his friend who almost looked flustered.

"even if i do, i could never have her." julian huffed, his eyes landing on autumn not too far away from them. "never in a million years."

"aw, the school it girl doesn't like the school player? shouldn't it be the opposite of that?" jay teased.

"shut the hell up, hancock." he gritted his teeth in anger.

it aggravated him that he had hidden feelings for the girl who openly rejected him. maybe the way she looked down on him and rejected his offer to hang out bruised his bloated ego, but damn, he'd overlook it if she would just like him.