seven

everyone was silent for a minute yet again, until zoë bursted out laughing hysterically as if someone popped a good joke.

the others couldn't help but stare at her as if she was a freak.

maybe she was. maybe she was going insane, like all of them, and she finds the words funny.

"great. i'm with a murderer who's a fucking lunatic, too!" julian exclaimed, palming her face harshly with his hands. "of course, zoë did it. she's been pointing fingers at us all this time!"

zoë only continued laughing, and there were actual tears coming out from her eyes.

florence looked scared of her outburst. "zoë, are you okay?"

then zoë immediately stopped, like someone pressed a pause button somewhere, and that freaked them out even more.

slowly, she looked up with a crazed expression on her face. she looked like she belonged to an asylum.

"you're funny," she simply uttered to angelie who found herself speechless, "really funny."

"why?" was the only thing angelie could say.

"you think i killed her?" she chuckled, "that's rich. i sure hope i did, but sadly, i didn't."

april gasped at that. "how da--"

"oh, don't fucking lie to me, april." the venom in her voice made everyone take two steps back. "we all know we wanted her dead. we're just here to find out who did it first."

"zoë--"

"what, miss president? are you going to be miss smarty goody goody, too?" it was like zoë resorted to crazed laughing, and it made the hairs on their skin rise up. "stop me, go on, before i fucking expose your ass."

angelie paled at that. "don't you dare."

"since we're sharing our sob stories about little miss dead autumn miller, why don't i tell them yours too?" zoë cocked her head to the side as she stared straight into angelie's eyes. "hell, i personally think you're number 1 on the suspect list."

"shut the he--"

"shut up, price, you're not the subject here." she snapped her head to glare at josh with a crazed stare that made him step back in fear. "we're talking about our great and smart president."

"you're looking like a mentally deranged person, zoë, stop it." sean almost walked over to her, but her chilling laugh made him stop.

"aren't we all going unhinged already? everyone's just good at hiding it!"

"calm down, zoë," florence meekly said, looking straight at the girl who went insane right infront of them.

"listen to them, zoë, you're not being yourself," angelie stated with a hard tone.

zoë shook her head at that and said the words that made everyone's eyes widened.

"she did fuck up my life, and i was okay with that. but she fucked your boyfriend, were you ever okay with that?"