six

everyone's standing up now, except florence and angelie who both looked helpless with the situation.

josh was a ticking time bomb full of bottled up anger, and he finally bursted at zoë's words.

"me? i'm the fucking killer?" josh laughed loudly, but there was no emotions behind it but utter bitterness and emptiness. the sound made goosebumps rise on their skin. "unbelievable."

but zoë was always the brave one to attack.

"yeah. it's possible, price. you're the goody two shoes who wouldn't even hurt a fucking fly." zoë shook her head at that. "but the nicest ones go the most insane when they finally break. did you finally cross the line between sanity and insanity, josh? after she bullied you all these years?"

and then that's where josh bursted.

"fucking unbelievable, huh. after all these years of racial discrimination, after every bottled up anger i've kept inside, after every fucking insult that comes out of her mouth. yeah, i could be the killer, alright."

they felt like time froze.

"but no, i'm not the one who killed her." and everyone slightly relaxed, but they were still strained as josh's anger brimmed to the top. "i can never fucking kill someone, despite how much they did me wrong. no, i won't stoop down to that level. because if i do that, that'll only prove to autumn's little close mind that i'm indeed the psychopath she always thought i was!"

josh's angry breathing resounded throughout the air, and it scared everyone. the nicest people were the scariest when they finally get mad.

"i believe him." sean was the first to spoke up. "i've been with him for so long to know that josh wouldn't do that."

zoë was slowly growing aggravated, and she couldn't deny the growing panic in her gut. she was desperate for answers.

"but do you really know him that well, sean? he's only your roommate, and god knows what else he does behind your back," zoë insisted. "sometimes, you would think you can trust people but it will always turn out that they're the ones fucking your life up."

"zoë's right," julian interjected.

"of course, you would know that, zoë" angelie interrupted with her bitter laugh that caught everyone's attention.

"excuse me?" zoë's eyebrows furrowed in annoyance. "have anything to say, ms. know-it-all?"

"in fact, i do know it all." angelie laughed again. "you're so quick to point fingers at everyone."

"it's because any one of you is the killer, and i'm not wasting any time in finding out!"

angelie only shook her head as she let a staged amusement slide on her face. "you're pointing seven fingers at all of us. but the three of them are pointed at you. cut the shit out, zoë."

"excuse fucking me?"

"oh, spare me the bullshit." angelie scoffed.

everyone seemed to only stay silent when a growing tension fought in between two people.

"wow, ms. president's true self is showing. always knew you were a bitch."

"you also have a reason to kill her," angelie continued, ignoring zoë's words as she moved closer to the girl, "so quit being a hypocrite."

"i do--" angelie was already in zoë's face, and the girl was about to push angelie away when she said the next words.

"she was your bestfriend, and then she left you in the dust with bullshit spewed at you. must've hurt, right?"