josh

"sean! wake up! we're going to be late!" the boy screamed in sean's ear, while shaking him quite harshly. "it's the last day of school, and you're still hangover."

"shut up, josh. let me sleep in. nothing interesting happens on the last day," sean rasped out. josh knew his head was pounding.

unfortunately, this was a common occurrence, and josh was already establishing a routine when it comes to drunk sean.

"you're going to give me wrinkles at a young age." josh shook his head, nudging sean with the glass of water he held. "here's an aspirin, and some water. drink up, then get dressed."

"no school, mom!"

"yes to school, lew, stand up before i have to haul up your behind!"

sean only groaned as a response, and josh smiled amusedly as he turned around to get to the kitchen of the apartment they shared.

no matter how josh seemed like he gets annoyed with sean, he loved the guy like his own brother. right off from the very start of their roommate journey, sean has been nothing but kind and genuine with him. josh considered him family.

nevermind the annoying antics with girls and parties, and with his awful choices of girlfriends.

especially with autumn miller. josh price will never understand why sean was in love with her.

josh was hanging out with sean, julian, josh beauchamp, will, jay, and sheaden by the lockers. it was already dismissal time, but they hung around to talk about the next basketball game against the eagles.

"nobody's going to beat us. not the eagles. not today, not now." julian snickered, and the others agreed.

"no, i won't even allow that. have you seen how fucking stupid their point guard is?" sean scoffed, shaking his head in feigned disappointment. "poor williams."

all the basketball talk may be familiar to josh's ears, but he wasn't interested. sean just wanted to tag him along, and the others were friends with him too.

"hey price," josh beauchamp nodded his head towards the boy, "you should join the basketball team. you could play good."

josh only smiled, and shook his head lightly. "nah, pass."

jay groaned. "c'mon, man, it's the last year of school. school works can wait."

the cornered boy laughed as he waved it off with a slight flick of his hand. "basketball just isn't my thing. i'll let you guys have that."

sean only smiled in amusement, as he pushed the other boys slightly. "leave him alone, will you."

suddenly, josh felt the call of nature — and no, not the pooping one — and he felt like his junior would burst. in short, he needed the bathroom.

"i'll be going to the bathroom," josh announced, and the others regarded him with a nod before turning on his heel to get to where the bathroom is, which was on the other hallway.

walking down the quiet halls, josh realized that the last remaining months would be the last times he will be walking these floors. he wouldn't deny the fact that he's glad to get away from this asshole.

it wasn't because of academics — that was too easy for josh. it was because of the immaturity and the close-mindedness of the people who walked the halls with him.