almost

when sean said he would be peeing, he was running away instead.

running away from the horror he found himself in.

running away from the fear he's been swallowing ever since they realized the murderer was in plain sight.

running away from autumn's dead body inside that shed.

sean was intent on staying alive tonight, and he didn't care if the woods is a scary place to be in at night.

losing his life to a murderer was scarier than anything else, and he didn't want to be there for that to happen.

his legs were burning. his feet were aching for him to stop. his breaths came down in ragged breathing, as he jolted forward with step after step pounding on the floor.

but the betrayal he's doing was stuck in his mind.

he knew he was being selfish, and he dismissed the idea earlier when he first thought of it. but his selfishness were glowing clearly in his eyes.

his friends were there.

josh, who treated him like family, was still there.

julian, no matter how much of an asshole he is, was his bestfriend and he was still there.

the others, who weren't as close to him, were still human. and they were still there, in the hands of an unknown murderer that was lurking around them.

sean didn't realize it, but his feet halted and he was left standing as his lungs were burning.

no, i can't leave them behind.

without thinking anymore, he pulled out the spare phone he hid inside his car and dialled the number they should've been calling from the very start.

"911. what's your emergency?"

sean ran back as fast his legs could take him to the clearing, and he felt like this was the longest running he has ever endured in his life.

but as he stopped to lean over to catch his breath, his breathing got caught in his throat instead by the horrendous sight infront of him.

the bonfire was still alive, but the people who surrounded it weren't.

josh. julian. april. kenneth.

they laid in a lifeless heap around the crackling fire, and sean felt his legs melt underneath him as his eyes landed on each of their bodies. they were unmoving, like statues laying down on the ground with their eyes open.

no, it can't be.

my friends are dead.

with tears forming in his eyes, sean found the strength he had to crawl over to the closest body to him.

and that was josh. his roommate, his bestfriend, his brother.

he couldn't bare looking at josh's lifeless eyes without releasing his insides out of pure disbelief and devastation. with shaky hands, his palm gently laid josh's eyelids close.

but his attention was caught by the bubbling white foam by the corner of josh's mouth.

wiping his tears away, his eyes squinted to take a look at the others' mouth.

and surely enough, the same white foam was bubbling by the corners.

they were poisoned.

sean didn't see any bottles of poison or acid by their side. instead, there were bottles of beer they were gulping down on before sean went running.