eight

the tension was lodged in their throats, and their heads were swimming with millions of possibilities.

everyone had alibis that could fit just right, and by the looks of it, the murderer was a great liar because at first glance, you would think that the killer didn't exist among them.

"what if the killer isn't one of us, then?" april quietly wondered out loud.

"if it isn't one of us, then how did they get the keys for god's sake?" kenneth groaned out loud, taking his hands to his face. "i'm going crazy."

"who isn't?" josh added, staring at nothingness. "the murderer is among us, probably talking like it's nothing. what a great fucking liar."

"well then," julian inhaled deeply, "fuck you. fuck you. fuck you. fuck you. fuck. fuck. fuck. that's enough fuck you's to go through everyone right?"

"take this seriously, will you?" angelie barked at the boy. "we're going over our heads for this. you're not helping."

"so what? we're all going to die tonight."

"we're not," sean grounded out in a firm tone, "we're getting out of here alive."

julian scoffed bitterly but didn't comment further on it.

everyone stayed quiet, immersed their own thoughts as they reverted back to the past things they did that they regret and love.

they were reminiscing on the good times, just in case this was actually the end of it all.

there was as if no hope left for them.

their keys were taken; a clear indication that nobody's leaving. the phone signals were unstable, and the others' phone were dead already. they didn't have the courage to run away, because they're afraid that they'll be killed instantly.

they just wanted to go home, and be alive.

they wanted all of this conflicting tug of war inside their heads to go away. it's messing them up real bad, and they're afraid they're going insane.

they are going insane.

with the dread and fear keeping their throats on a deadlock, they were bound to go insane.

"so," everyone turned to julian, "what about you, april?"

"what about me?" april asked with a confused tone.

"what's your alibi?"