sean

earlier that day

"you know i love you, right?" the girl looked up at him with the smile he always loved.

"of course, i do. maybe it's you who doesn't." the boy pecked her on the cheek, ruffling her hair as he hugged her close.

"of course you love me. i'm the love of your life," autumn singsonged in glee.

they were the perfect school couple in love that made everyone envious. everyone either shipped them together, or hated them because of utter jealousy.

"wow. my power couple." april giggled, bumping her friend's hip as she passed by them. "you guys are so in love. why do i have to be single?"

"shut up, april." autumn rolled her eyes then turned back to sean. "see you later, then?"

sean smiled lovingly then pecked the girl's lips. "sure. bye babe."

later that day, when sean was waiting for autumn by the parking with julian, he realized she was running later than usual.

"hey juls, what time is it? my phone's dead."

"uh." julian looked over at his watch and said, "5:30PM. why?"

sean realized that she has been late for thirty minutes. she doesn't have dance practice today because sean saw her friends walk by many minutes ago. she doesn't have detention because she never told him so, and there were no extracurriculars for this week either.

"hey man, need to go. i'll see you later at will's?" julian began to stood up and dust the dirt from his jeans.

"course. see ya, man." sean also pushed himself off of the bench and began walking towards the school entrance.

it was fairly empty now, with the occasional click of the fire alarm and the whisks of the AC that was always left on by the roaming security. but there were no people left in the vicinity, except for autumn maybe.

with his hands in his pockets, he walked the halls to go see the locker room first.

there was no sign of his girl.

he checked the gym too, but the only one there was the janitor putting back all the balls inside the basket.

he hoped for the library but it was closed. it always closed at 5pm.

where could autumn possibly be?

sean exasperatedly sighed and checked the time.

"dang it. where is she?" he frustratedly whispered to himself as he realized he has been looking for over thirty minutes now.

his last hope was the arts' room, but miss lacie always closed that room after the final classes. however, the voices inside his head urged him to check it out.

the arts room was probably where he and autumn first talked. she loved painting as much as he did, and they hit it off talking about edvard munch's the scream.