zoë

earlier that day

age 7 years old

"hi! do you want a cookie?" the girl had a huge smile on her face, and her blonde pigtails bounced in her step. "if you get a cookie, we get to be friends!"

younger zoë couldn't help but warily stare at the piece of cookie. the m&m's on top looked good, but she still hesitated.

"my mother said not to trust strangers." zoë scrunched her nose. "but i want the cookie."

"well, my name's autumn, i'm 7 years old, i like baking with my mom and i love to dance to. i also have a dog named coco, and a cat called lola, but we used to have a ha--"

"what are you saying?" zoë squeaked out, confused with the little girl's rambling.

"oh." autumn grinned even wider. "you said you don't take cookies from strangers. i'm introducing myself! yay!"

zoë liked the idea of that. she really liked the cookie, too.

"you're smiling! are we friends now?" autumn cheered, jumping slightly in place.

zoë looked at the cookie again, and the wide eyed girl.

"okay. hi, i'm zoë."

age 10 years old

"i wanna watch hannah montana, z!" autumn whined, "they have a special episode today!"

but zoë groaned. she didn't like the singing type of stuff, nor the girly kinds of things.

but autumn was her bestfriend.

"how about a deal?" zoë proposed, crossing her legs to face autumn, "we watch two spongebob episodes, and then we watch hannah montana."

autumn's eyes widened in delight. she knew zoë didn't like the pink and chirpy kinds of girl stuff, and she was confused. she thought girls her age loved zoe101 and hannah montana, and friendship bracelets, and butterfly clips.

zoë didn't. but autumn loves her bestfriend.

"okay!"

and zoë let a smile grace her lips as they huddled together while watching the opening credits of spongebob.

age 12

"what are you wearing?" zoë stared in disgust as autumn twirled infront of the mirror to flaunt off her ruffled pink skirt. "it looks like barbie puked on you."

"ew, don't say that!" autumn scolded, "it's pretty!"

zoë rolled her eyes, and plopped back down on autumn's bed.

actually, autumn's whole room looked like barbie stepped in here and did a makeover. two weeks ago, autumn's room was tan and white. zoë could only ever wonder why autumn changed to pink.

"do you think sean would like this?" autumn absentmindedly asked, twirling a curl around her finger as she dreamily sighed.