april

earlier that day

april barely got enough sleep.

she stayed up all night editing and printing out the flyers, while autumn peacefully slept in her perfect little world.

april sighed. she envied autumn. she wanted to have autumn's life.

but being friends with autumn was great. it's all she ever wanted in life, and someday, she'll be just like her.

"april? hello? earth to april?" autumn miller stood right infront of her, snapping her fingers in annoyance. "c'mon, let's go in."

april nodded gladly, and tailed along like a good dog.

maybe that's what she is. the dog that always followed autumn around, but that's okay by her.

"hey tate." april smiled warmly in the girl's direction. "how are you today?"

"just peachy. hayden and i had sex last night, and it was amazing."

april didn't want to know any of that but she forced a smile as tate tattered away about her private sex life while they followed autumn's steps in handing out flyers and talking to people.

they stopped nearby sean, julian, and jay, and april's heart beat in an unreadable pattern.

"heard about the party? there's going to be alcohol and whatnot." autumn twirled a strand of blonde hair around her fingers as she batted an eyelash. "sucks if you're not going to be there."

april wanted to be just like that. she wanted boys to like her, as much as they did to autumn.

autumn always gets the gorgeous guys.

"kenneth right?" autumn asked with her sugary voice, "anyway, there's a party tonight and thought you'd want to go. looks like it's not your type of thing but here, if you can think of someone to come instead."

he was stunned with her beauty as he mindlessly took the flyer from her hand. april watched as he drooled over her beauty.

"you should be there. party enders are the best," april piped up from behind autumn, hoping to get the attention too.

but kenneth's eyes stayed fixated on the gorgeous being named autumn.

autumn always gets the attention because she's autumn. she's perfect.

"perfect! now you're the perfect walking dumpster! have a great college life, loser, hope you survive that shit." and florence only opened her glossy eyes once she felt autumn step away.

there was one thing that april had that autumn didn't: genuine kindness. april knew her friend was a bitch, but she didn't mind it because it wasn't directed to her.

but she can't help but feel sympathetic for the people were on the receiving end. she wanted to help them, but autumn wouldn't like it.

with a sigh, april hurriedly offered florence an extra shirt she pulled out from her bag and put it on the girl's clean hand. then she sneakily slipped a note on florence's open shoulder bag.

she knew florence was watching her with confusion, but she brushed it away as she hurried to follow autumn's tracks.

although autumn was mean, april still wanted to become like autumn.