2

third p.o.v

donghyuck's friends winced because they felt bad for him. he stood up and quickly fled the cafeteria.

his face was flushed red, not in embarrassment, but in anger and disappointment. he could already feel the tears beginning to fall down his cheeks.

donghyuck slipped inside a bathroom stall and put the toilet lid down. inaudibly, he crawled on top of it and sat down; his arms holding tightly onto his legs.

the thought of his crush being with someone else made him hurt more. he was completely unaware of anyone else having an interest in mark.

making no movements, he silently sobbed for the rest of the day in the bathroom stall.

alone.

donghyuck's p.o.v

i didn't say anything to my friends when they came to get me when it was time to go home.

my tongue felt dry and my eyes were semi-shut, trying to contain the rest of my tears.

on the bus, i sat alone in the seat at the back, and my friends were sharing seats that surrounded me.

they were respectfully quiet the whole time. jaemin rubbed my back every now and then just to calm me down whenever i began tearing up again.

when the bus slowed to a stop, i got out of my seat and covered my cheeks with my jacket sleeve. i didn't want anyone to question what was wrong.

i could sense my friend's glances from behind me. not looking back, i approached my house.

i had nothing to say or think about. my mind was completely blank. losing an opportunity that could've lead to something promising really sucked.

and i couldn't believe it slipped out of my hands just like that.

《 🖊 》

wowie, it's another
short chapter;;;
i'm trying my hardest to
lengthen the chapters
from here on out, so
kindly bear with me here!
thank you all again for
taking the time to vote, comment
and share! it means a lot ^^