32

donghyuck's p.o.v

after going to bed early in the morning, i eventually woke up around noon. it felt really weird to be waking up this late, as i've never slept in that long or snuck out before.

i looked over to my window and saw that the ladder was still rested against the side of the house.

oh no, i forgot...

i quickly kicked the covers off of me and got dressed, putting on an orange t-shirt and light blue jean shorts. i then ran downstairs as if my life depended on it.

my mind was telling me that i forgot to tell mark to put the ladder back by the shed. i mean, that's why i was rushing to get downstairs in the first place.

before mom would find out and bust my ass.

"you sure slept in!" mom laughed, stirring cookie dough. "were you up that late?"

scratching my nape, i replied, "yeah, i just really wanted to go out this weekend, so i stayed up studying and practicing questions."

my mom sighed with a smile and nodded. "i'm letting you."

i was a bad person for lying to my mom about what i did last night, but hearing those words from her made me really happy.

"wait, really?"

"yes. you've been working hard this week and i wanted to reward you, so i'm letting you go out this weekend!"

i walked over to my mom and gave her a hug, smelling the sweet aroma of melting chocolate chips. "thank you!"

she hummed and handed me a paper bag. "take these cookies and go have fun with mark, okay?" i grinned, happily taking the bag and waving goodbye.

i remembered the ladder and jogged to the side of the house. carefully, i took the ladder back to its original spot.

mark💌

me:
heyyy

me:
you wanna hang
out today??
read at 11:27AM

me:
babeee
read at 11:27AM

me:
mark
read at 11:28AM

me:
mark?
read at 11:28AM

what had me confused is that mark and i were having fun and were really close to each other last night. but now, he was only reading my texts instead of replying to them, like he always did.

for some reason, i felt like something was wrong.

i dialed his number and anxiously waited for him to pick up.

he didn't.

i began walking down the street towards jaemin's house, which wasn't too far from mine.

when i got there, i knocked on his door. i could hear noises inside, followed by a voice.

"jeno, s-stop! i have to get the door!"

jaemin opened the door, sighing in relief when he saw that it was only me.

i noticed the reddish marks that were beginning to form on jaemin's neck, and i could easily declare that jeno had been giving him hickeys.