16

donghyuck's p.o.v

almost like it was deja vu, i remembered that it was the day i'd go on a date with mark, a real one this time. i prayed to god that i wouldn't catch a stupid cold or anything like that out of nowhere and be forced to cancel the date; again.

i slipped on my vans and tucked my shirt into my jeans. fixing my hair, i smiled at myself in the mirror. of all days, today i felt extra confident. my hands weren't sweaty, but i didn't want to take any chances and jinx that, even though i knew it would probably happen as soon as mark and i are close to each other...

pulling my heavy book bag onto my shoulders, i began hopping down the stairs. i heard water running and peered into the kitchen, it was just my mom doing the dishes.

"morning, sweetie!" she turned her head towards me and gave me a warm smile. "morning, mom." i replied while taking a bite of a banana i picked from a bowl of fruits on the table. "did you sleep well?" she continued scrubbing the plate she was currently washing. "yeah!" i giggled and threw the banana peel into the garbage.

"ooh!" my mom cooed. "you seem excited! do you have something planned today?"

i replied with a quiet voice, "i'm gonna go on my first date..."

she gasped as she dropped her dish cloth and wiped her hands on a towel hanging nearby. my mom then quickly approached me and exclaimed, "hyuckie, are you going out on a date with a boy?!"

i came out to my parents when i was in 7th grade. although they knew i liked boys based on the way i acted around them, they never said anything until i actually told them. and i'm so happy that they're accepting and supportive of my sexuality. it makes me feel like i can freely be myself without any worries.

"yeah, i am!" my mom engulfed me in a big hug and rocked from side to side. "that's great, sweetie! i'm so happy for you!" she kissed my forehead and i just smiled sheepishly in reply.

"i gotta get going now, mom." i headed towards the door, but my mom stopped me. "hold on!"

she scurried over to the counter and then came back to me, holding a paper bag. "you always seem to forget your lunch. don't do it anymore, got me?"

"gotcha." i waved to her and exited my house. i sighed in satisfaction at the temperature outside. it was just right; it was warm enough and there was a cool breeze now and then.

i headed to the bus stop where i saw the rest of my friends waiting for me. they were all just being cutesy with each other, even jisung, although he was just playfully teasing the younger boys from each couple.

"hey you guys!" i greeted them and set my book bag down beside the bench. all 5 boys smiled back at me. "how do you feel, hyuck?" jaemin asked me while resting his head on jeno's shoulder. "i've never been better!" i replied as i pranced around the bus stop while still watching them.

"so what are you guys gonna do after your date?" renjun tilted his head that was rested perfectly on chenle's lap.

"they're probably gonna "do the do"." jeno made a certain gesture while staring deeply into my eyes as well ad keeping an innocent look on his face. "isn't that right, donghyuck?"

i blushed a dark shade of red and grabbed my book bag. "excuse me you ass, there are still children here."

he chuckled, "including yourself." i brought my book bag to my side and swung it back. "do you want me to hit you?" jeno just sat there like he was silent the whole time and had never said anything. everyone else just watched, not even taking risks to butt into the conversation. i then swung the object forward, sending it flying towards jeno.