20

mark's p.o.v

i was transitioning from biology to lunch. thank god it was finally the best period of school; the one period where you get to eat food and talk with your friends instead of being shoved overwhelming heaps of useless knowledge down your throat.

on the way to the cafeteria, i saw multiple posters displayed throughout the halls. they were about the dance that was now in less than a week. i pulled my phone out to text donghyuck.

Baby💞

me:
hey baby

Baby💞:
omg hEY

Baby💞:
i missed you
so much :(

me:
daww

me:
then do u wanna
come sit w me
at lunch?

Baby💞:
i thought you'd
never ask uwu

i arrived at the table my friends and i normally sat at. my head turned over my shoulder as i scanned the cafeteria for donghyuck. and then i noticed him, over at a table with boys that looked to be his age.

i stood up and slowly approached him. i mean, they could just be his friends. that, or he's being a flirt with them... i thought.

one of the boys made eye contact with me and tapped donghyuck's arm, causing him to turn around. he gasped with a huge grin on his face and jumped up. he pulled me in for a hug. i was so happy to finally feel his cuddly warmth again.

"is this your boyfriend?" a blonde boy asked while eating a cheeto. donghyuck nodded and introduced me to his friends. "this is mark!" i waved at them.

"so you're responsible for those gorgeous marks?" a boy holding onto a black haired boys' questioned me, gesturing towards donghyuck's neck.

"yep, you jealous?"

"jaemin would never, he basically gets them every time he's with jeno." donghyuck laughed while pointing to the boys i had my attention on earlier. my heart fluttered for a few seconds, his laugh came out as high pitched and squeaky, and it was the cutest thing i've ever heard.

"oh, and this is renjun, chenle and jisung!" donghyuck showed me renjun and chenle first. they were another couple among his friends. i assumed jisung was single since he wasn't being cutesy with anyone at donghyuck's table.

"it's nice to meet all of you!" i smiled at donghyuck's friends. i gently pulled him closer to me, causing him to yelp at the sudden contact and whispered in his ear, "now tell your friends that you have to go."

he gulped and laughed awkwardly. snatching his lunch, he said, "i gotta go now guys, bye!" he bid his farewell and skipped off with his hand in mine.

when we got to my table, my friends shot shit-eating grins at me when donghyuck and i sat down. they kept staring at me, and donghyuck's hickey covered neck.

"so," yuta extended the 'o' and traced circles on the table. "you must be the one mark's constantly telling us about all the time."

i opened my mouth to say something, but i just ended up huffing in embarrassment at the white lie he pulled.

donghyuck quietly laughed and nodded. "i'm the one and only donghyuck! it's nice to meet you guys!"

after introducing my boyfriend to my friends, it seemed as if he was getting more comfortable hanging around them.

"and mark gave you those?" sicheng pointed to his neck that was subtly covered with the hickeys i gave him.

donghyuck turned to me, and made our noses touch. "yep. he's responsible, alright."

sending me into a full-on gay panic, i tried to calmly stop him from making me scream at the skinship he was giving me. i could only bare to grab his hand and forcing it to be intertwined with mine.

"damn mark, he's perfect for you!" johnny confirmed, the rest of the group agreeing. "he knows just what to do to drive you crazy..."

"i also know what drives him crazy."

a short moment of silence followed my remark. "oof." jungwoo whispered.

"the school dance is coming up, you guys gonna go?" donghyuck asked.

"of course! we wouldn't miss it!" doyoung said with a mouthful of rice. "manners, you dummy." yuta shook his head, wiping his lips with his thumb.

memories from our first actual date came flooding back. he had ice cream on his lips but instead of wiping it off, i just kissed him.

and it was worth it.

i looked down at donghyuck while poking his side. he looked up at me with big, doe eyes. i asked him, "are you gonna go to the dance?"

he smiled and pushed himself into a more comfortable position on the bench by pushing my thighs; sitting now with his legs criss-crossed and body faced towards me.

"only if somebody asks me..."

"oh, well," i picked up the cinnamon bun i purchased from the cafeteria and put a piece in his mouth. "you better find somebody to take you!"

he playfully shoved me while laughing. my friends had their phones out at this point and were most likely taking photos or recording videos.

"you better send those to me." i pecked donghyuck's cheek. "and DON'T use them as blackmail!"

《 🖊 》

THANK YALL SO MUCH FOR
2K READS I'M THRILLED
THANK YOU GUYS FOR READING
AND ENJOYING THIS FANFIC
IT TRULY MEANS
A LOT TO ME
I LOVE EACH AND EVERY
ONE OF YOU💞💕💘💝💗💖