30

third p.o.v

donghyuck's mouth went agape at the idea mark just shared. "but how? my mom will notice-"

"not if she's asleep, she won't."

mark was right. donghyuck's mom always fell asleep before he did, so their plan was slowly coming together.

"then how am i going to sneak out when i have to go down the stairs? those are bound to make noise!"

mark hummed in thought. "you can climb out of your window."

donghyuck widened his eyes. "um, hello? that's how i end up killing myself!" he looked out of his window, seeing nothing but an 8 foot drop.

mark softly chuckled. "that's where i come in to catch you."

"but i'm too heavy!"

"shush. i've given you plenty of piggyback rides before, and you're not heavy at all. you're beautiful."

donghyuck's heart fluttered and his shocked face was now flushed, his lips curling into a small smile.

"thank you.." donghyuck slid his arms deeper inside his hoodie sleeves. "so, are we gonna do this friday night?"

"yep. just remember to check and make sure that your mom is sleeping before we do it, okay?"

"okay."

"good. now get some sleep, you need to stay hydrated and to do your best this week."

donghyuck huffed. "even though the science teacher's a complete dumbass and doesn't know how to mark properly..."

"just do it for me, baby."

donghyuck whined and pouted. "fine. but only because i love you."

mark smiled on the other end of the phone call. "and i love you too."

donghyuck heard mark kiss his phone before ending the call.

donghyuck got under the covers and curled himself into the fetal position, drifting off to sleep.

. . .

as the days passed, friday had arrived. donghyuck had been studying hard and taking as many breaks as he needed too.

he texted his friends, as well as texted mark, who sent donghyuck a few motivational words of encouragement every morning.

donghyuck was now wrapping up the unit on organelles. his mom happened to walk in when he was almost finished.

"how's it going?" she peered around the door, holding a glass of lemonade.

donghyuck was still focused on getting his studies done, just so he could prove to his mom that he didn't deserve to be kept inside his house the whole weekend.

"i'm almost-" he scribbled a few more words down before letting go of his pencil and sighing. "done."

his mom smiled sweetly at him, walking over to the tired boy with the glass of lemonade. "drink it. i haven't seen you drink much, lately."

donghyuck nodded and took a sip, the sweet and tangy juice satisfying him. he set the glass down and looked up at his mother with hopeful eyes.

"does this mean i can go out this weekend?"

donghyuck's mom shook her head, her lips thinning. "i still want you to study. i don't want you to risk your grade."