Love is a Curious Thing - Chapter Twelve

So Guys this is it!

I would have warned in the previous chapter that it would be ending but I didn't know, this just sort of happened.

I feel like I've given this story as much as I possibly could and I am very sad to leave it behind.

This story started a year ago this month and it has definitely improved as I have and I am so grateful to all of you for sticking with it and for your support.

You guys really are amazing!

So thank you and I hope you've enjoyed reading Love is a Curious Thing as much as I have enjoyed writing it.

I am working on a new story as we speak which is Johnlock (Amnesia!Fic) so please don't unfollow because you've got that to look forward to.

Bye Guys, thank you for everything

Scarlett

xx

Chapter Twelve

Two days later and Sherlock was sat on the kitchen side in his Pajamas swinging his legs like a child and begging John to stay at home.

“John please, I’ll be nice today, I’ll make you lunch and I’ll tidy the living room and I’ll sort out my half of the rent.”

“Sherlock I won’t be able to pay my half of the rent anyway if I don’t go to work. Don’t be stupid, I’ll be back at 5 so that’s…” John trailed off to count ahead, even as a Child math had never been his strong point.

“Seven hours” Sherlock answered “And that’s seven hours too long”

“Trust me I know, I’m the one that’s spending it in that damned surgery” He muttered, walking away from the fridge and in front of Sherlock, who stopped swinging his legs and wrapped them around John’s waist instead. Giggling, John laced his fingers with Sherlock’s.

“You could always tidy up around the house anyway though” John suggested.

“Only if you stay”

“But you love me” John smirked, watching as Sherlock’s face softened for a split second and then regained its granite composure as quickly as it had gone.

“I’ll sort the rent out, that’s it.” Sherlock gave in, pulling John closer with his legs and waving their laced hands around aimlessly.

“Am I pushing it if I ask you to clear up the kitchen?” John gestured with his head, to the mess behind him, his hands currently occupied by Sherlock’s.